“Heavenly treats lakeside”
Review of Sugar Pine Bakery

Sugar Pine Bakery
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Apple turnovers and large cream cheese cinnamon rolls to die for. Pumpkin muffins edged with buttery crumble topping. Carrot cupcakes with thick perfect frosting. The aromas abound in this unpretentious welcoming bakery coffee house, in fact they ift spirits the moment you walk inside! Well worth a few extra minutes of negotiating traffic, and well worth the prices!

1  Thank 946susane

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Today was the culinary high of our trip to Lake Tahoe - we ordered breakfast food at the Sugar Pine Bakery. Tucked in almost behind other stores, this bakery is definitely worth a visit. We were waited on by Austin who was friendly and knowledgeable of her products. We had a chocolate glazed chocolate donut which was almost brownie like, a very good banana nut muffin, a delicious apple Danish that was full of fresh sliced apples and a cinnamon roll. It had to be one of the best, if not THE best, cinnamon roll I ever had. It was almost like a popover, the top filled with a not too sweet cream and, unlike many cinnamon rolls, it was light as a feather. You can also get coffee and they serve sandwiches for lunch. I dont really know what baked goods cost here but where I live these prices would be considered very good. The sad thing is I live on the other side of the country, but if you live in the Tahoe area you really need to check out the Sugar Pine Bakery.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This little bakery has the most delicious baked goods in south Lake Tahoe. A bit pricey but well worth it. The birthday cakes I've gotten there are ones to remember for a long time.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

It's been almost 2 years since I've been here, wanted to see if anything had changed - great news no still awesome and still closed on Monday. Picked up a couple of different Cinnamon rolls for this morning's breakfast - Wonderful. A couple of their can't miss coconut macaroons, that were a nice crunchy chew - you have to try them you won't be sorry.

I also tried 2 of their chewy chocolate donuts, they looked like lava cakes with a hole in them. I briefly headed them in the microwave and put a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream on top. The were a little bit gooey, not really your normal donuts, or cup cake, kind of denser, perfect to support my ice cream - give it a try.

I'm here fro two more weeks, I will return on a regular basis (except Monday - don't forget they are closed on Mondays)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I went there specifically for cinnamon rolls--always searching for THE ONE. They were out. So I substituted a peach tart (delicious, not too sweet) and poppyseed muffins (delicious). There's a small area to sit down but most of the business is, of course, take out. The people are very welcoming and friendly. It's clean and well located in South Lake Tahoe and I'll definitely be back. I hope they'll save me some cinnamon rolls. (I'll be there around 11 o'clock sometime next August....)