All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay againthe main dragchannelslake
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Trip Advisor has old information on the condition of the hotel. The hotel's website is more up-to-date. They no longer operating pool, or spa, and they do not have AC. This is a very basic room that is not too clean. I paid $155 per night for Labor Day Weekend, while other hotels were starting in the $300's. Parking is not easy and very tight. I would most likely look for other accommodations during my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. We sincerely apologize that our room did not live up to your expectations. Pool/Hot tub is permanently, we request to check Hotel Facilities & services before making reservation and the prices are rates do fluctuate during holidays.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I in an effort to escape the stretch of 100 degree days at home decided at the last minute to head to the cooler climes of South Lake Tahoe. The casinos and Everything in close proximity was booked so we fimally found the Travel Inn. Three nights were over $700, so we surmised it should be somewhat adequate.....were we ever wrong! Ot showed a pool, but when we arrived the pool was covered over with tarps. We got to our room which was an adequate size only to be met with two electric fans blowing inside the room. While it was hot for Tahoe, it must have been over 90 degrees inside the room. We literally had to drop off our suitcases and leave. We returned close to midnight as the outside temperature had dropped
When we got to the hotel room, it was sweltering. We opened the front door and window and inserted the two fans to push in cooler air and push the hot air out the bathroom window so we could sleep there. About 45 minutes later it had cooled down enough to sleep. We repeated this same exercise over the other days/nights of our stay!
We determined this place had a flat roof with no attic plus no insulation at all and obviously no air conditioning. This place is probably about 70 years old. We could never stay there again. It is probably freezing in the winter, but at least there is a room heater!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We booked Travel Inn for 5 nights from July 28 through August 2nd 2017. Today is our last day Even though we paid $599.00 for five nights (almost $100 a night) it was very reasonable in comparison to other motels/hotels in the area for this time of year.

Since I strongly depend on other people's reviews to help me choose a hotel, I will be very fair in this review toward this motel.

Pros: Great area. About 1 1/2 miles from Heavenly Village, lots of restaurants and close to the beach. Front desk staff is friendly. Free WiFi which works well. There is a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and fan. Towels are soft.

Cons: No air condition, no safe deposit box, no swimming pool or hot tub (they have them but are empty and an eye sore). No tub. There is only a small shower and the hot/cold water is unpredictable. One minute it gets too hot and the next it goes cold. Cleaning person forgot to leave complimentary toiletries and coffee cups two days out of the 5 days we stayed. The floor creaks as you walk so I feel sorry for the people staying below us. The bed is lumpy so for my husband who has a bad back, it has been a really hard experience which has kept him awake at night.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017

The room was simple, bare-bones, but did the job for one night stay. The room was a really good deal, but was NOT clean enough (bugs and hair in shower, dirty table). ALSO, the sink in the room 15 did not work at all. Poor water pressure. Overall, decent place to stay if you are arriving late to S. Lake Tahoe and just need a place to crash for a night.

Room Tip: Cheap deal
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The motel itself deserves a higher rating. The room was very clean and reasonably large. But the location is completely unacceptable for anyone who needs a quiet night's sleep. We were there on a Friday night, and the cars/trucks going past on Lake Tahoe Blvd never seemed to stop. Usually in these situations I just turn the heat/ac to "fan only" and get enough white noise to drown out the traffic. Unfortunately, this room only had a heater with no fan option. I tried a white noise app on my phone at the loudest setting, but that still didn't do the trick.

So if you are like my husband and can sleep through anything, this is a GREAT VALUE; but if you're like me and need a quiet environment to sleep, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very sorry for noise but we can't do anything because our hotel is located to Lake Tahoe Blvd. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you.