All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay againthe main dragchannelslake
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We booked Travel Inn for 5 nights from July 28 through August 2nd 2017. Today is our last day Even though we paid $599.00 for five nights (almost $100 a night) it was very reasonable in comparison to other motels/hotels in the area for this time of year.

Since I strongly depend on other people's reviews to help me choose a hotel, I will be very fair in this review toward this motel.

Pros: Great area. About 1 1/2 miles from Heavenly Village, lots of restaurants and close to the beach. Front desk staff is friendly. Free WiFi which works well. There is a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot and fan. Towels are soft.

Cons: No air condition, no safe deposit box, no swimming pool or hot tub (they have them but are empty and an eye sore). No tub. There is only a small shower and the hot/cold water is unpredictable. One minute it gets too hot and the next it goes cold. Cleaning person forgot to leave complimentary toiletries and coffee cups two days out of the 5 days we stayed. The floor creaks as you walk so I feel sorry for the people staying below us. The bed is lumpy so for my husband who has a bad back, it has been a really hard experience which has kept him awake at night.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017

The room was simple, bare-bones, but did the job for one night stay. The room was a really good deal, but was NOT clean enough (bugs and hair in shower, dirty table). ALSO, the sink in the room 15 did not work at all. Poor water pressure. Overall, decent place to stay if you are arriving late to S. Lake Tahoe and just need a place to crash for a night.

Room Tip: Cheap deal
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The motel itself deserves a higher rating. The room was very clean and reasonably large. But the location is completely unacceptable for anyone who needs a quiet night's sleep. We were there on a Friday night, and the cars/trucks going past on Lake Tahoe Blvd never seemed to stop. Usually in these situations I just turn the heat/ac to "fan only" and get enough white noise to drown out the traffic. Unfortunately, this room only had a heater with no fan option. I tried a white noise app on my phone at the loudest setting, but that still didn't do the trick.

So if you are like my husband and can sleep through anything, this is a GREAT VALUE; but if you're like me and need a quiet environment to sleep, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very sorry for noise but we can't do anything because our hotel is located to Lake Tahoe Blvd. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This was one of the cheapest places we could find for our last minute booking (1 day before) and I was pleasantly surprised considering some of the other reviews. It was much better than other places we have stayed in Tahoe for similar prices.

We checked in late (11pm) and the service was great, quick and very welcoming. The room was very clean, spacious and had everything that we needed. The wifi was great as well, and parking was convenient.

If you're looking for a good, quiet, clean motel to sleep while exploring Tahoe, this is a great place!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Travel I, General Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad you found our staff friendly and we do our very best to provide a clean and comfortable stay to all of our guests. Hope to see you near future. Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We stayed 2 nights for a weekend of skiing, the hotel location being convenient for the Heavenly Village gondola, only 5 mins drive away.
The room was basic but comfortable, although the hot air heater was noisy. No breakfast provided so you need to bring your own food or go to the McDonald's down the road. There is also a Safeway a few mins drive away.
Good value.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it.