“Good price, decent quality, great location!”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 4 June 2017

The room was simple, bare-bones, but did the job for one night stay. The room was a really good deal, but was NOT clean enough (bugs and hair in shower, dirty table). ALSO, the sink in the room 15 did not work at all. Poor water pressure. Overall, decent place to stay if you are arriving late to S. Lake Tahoe and just need a place to crash for a night.

Room Tip: Cheap deal
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The motel itself deserves a higher rating. The room was very clean and reasonably large. But the location is completely unacceptable for anyone who needs a quiet night's sleep. We were there on a Friday night, and the cars/trucks going past on Lake Tahoe Blvd never seemed to stop. Usually in these situations I just turn the heat/ac to "fan only" and get enough white noise to drown out the traffic. Unfortunately, this room only had a heater with no fan option. I tried a white noise app on my phone at the loudest setting, but that still didn't do the trick.

So if you are like my husband and can sleep through anything, this is a GREAT VALUE; but if you're like me and need a quiet environment to sleep, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very sorry for noise but we can't do anything because our hotel is located to Lake Tahoe Blvd. We would love for you to stay with again and give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This was one of the cheapest places we could find for our last minute booking (1 day before) and I was pleasantly surprised considering some of the other reviews. It was much better than other places we have stayed in Tahoe for similar prices.

We checked in late (11pm) and the service was great, quick and very welcoming. The room was very clean, spacious and had everything that we needed. The wifi was great as well, and parking was convenient.

If you're looking for a good, quiet, clean motel to sleep while exploring Tahoe, this is a great place!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Travel I, General Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad you found our staff friendly and we do our very best to provide a clean and comfortable stay to all of our guests. Hope to see you near future. Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We stayed 2 nights for a weekend of skiing, the hotel location being convenient for the Heavenly Village gondola, only 5 mins drive away.
The room was basic but comfortable, although the hot air heater was noisy. No breakfast provided so you need to bring your own food or go to the McDonald's down the road. There is also a Safeway a few mins drive away.
Good value.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Given the opinions and experiences of some reviewers, I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The place far exceeded my expectations. The motel is in a great location, within a five minute walk of a Safeway, CVS, IHOP, McDonald's, the Tahoe, a free public swimming beach and the list goes on. I pulled into the carport, found the grounds to be nicely landscaped and clean, though some concrete and brick wall areas were heavily patched. The manager came out immediately, was very friendly and checked me in fast. Parking is definitely tight. If you drive a Hummer and your wife never smiles, don't stay here. The room was immaculately clean. The furnishings were dated but comfy and functional. There was an old flat tube set that worked fine and had lots of channels. There was a newer fridge and microwave as well a hair dryer and ironing board. Bed was fairly comfortable. Lights all worked. No AC but it was fall and the heater and portable space heater were more than adequate for a cold night. Bathroom seemed to be fairly newly tiled. Shower only and the nozzle was low. Again, this is an older motel property and I've experienced many light this one. I'm 5'11 and dealt with it just fine. Along those lines, there were not many outlets but there were enough. Again, if you and your family are complicated and unhappy, you should stay elsewhere. Bathroom was very clean. Wifi worked fine, even for streaming video though the place wasn't packed. Ice machine worked great. Clientele was fine. A guy was sweeping up leaves in the morning when I checked out after two nights. I thought the place was great! I definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Dear Valued Guest, I am extremely happy to hear about your experience. Thank you again for you kinds words and sharing you experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind Regards.