“Inexpensive Place in an expensive area”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 17 June 2015

To be clear, this is not a five-star place. It is a rating of five for what it is, an inexpensive place to stay.

Place was mostly refurbished and very clean.
Manager was friendly and helpful.
Put in a new router while I was there to improve internet access.
Parking is a little tight, but I have been at worse places.
Even though it is right next to US 50, it was quiet in the room with the windows closed.

Only downsides were a fan in the room instead of an air conditioner (which was fine) and a fairly low shower head.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Furthest away from US 50 are probably best.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

We stayed here for 4 nights in mid May 2015. The location provides walking distance access to Safeway, CVS & Brewery next door. We booked the room at a discount through Trivago/Expedia. I was very pleased with the price and location and the room met our needs. We had stayed at that hotel previously & I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2015

We normally stay at the Days Inn, but we ended up booking here at the Travel Inn. Gross, nasty mistake. I booked a non smoking room because I am pregnant and we don't smoke, I know I booked a non smoking room and had even put in the additional comments page to be sure we get a clean non smoking room. When we arrived to check in after a long day of driving, and filming a clients wedding. Ready to lay down and relax, take a shower, etc... When I went to check in, he said I had booked a smoking room, even though I didn't. After going back and forth, to the point I asked if he has a non smoking room to put us in. He said he has no non smoking rooms at all, and I could't get our money back so I settled and asked if he could put us in his cleanest non smoking room, he stated all his rooms are very clean. We went up to the room and it smelled of wet ashtray smoke, musty and disgusting, we aired is out for 5 minutes and my hubby and I couldn't hang. I went back down and said "please, can you please give us a non smoking room" he then offered a double queen room non smoking and I said I'll take it, could he waive the $20 difference for the inconvenience and he would not what-so-ever. I paid the difference, went into our room, smelled like must, mold and the heater was pushing out a smell but hey, it was better than the smoking room right? And we were only there for the night, decided to tough it out. The curtains were stained, carpets nasty dirty with stains, bathroom walls filthy, pieces of the sink broke off, rusty shower, (didn't even take a shower it was so bad) just an overall nasty experience. And I don't believe in the "get what you pay for" on hotels, I've paid $20-$30 more if not the same for rooms at the "Days Inn" right next store and clean rooms. My throat and nose were jacked in the morning from breathing the stench of the room. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Travel I, Front Office Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2015

Thank you for your review. I would like to take moment to apologize for your no so pleasant experience with our property! Your comment gives us the opportunity to improve and move forward. Dear Guest, We are 100% sure that your reservation # 529269217 is of smoking room. Even you can confirm with expedia team. If expedia team say reservation made by guest was NON SMOKING room, we will give you FULL REFUND. Even before you move to different room Front Desk person show the room first. We hope that you are able to find a more suitable hotel to meet your needs on your next visit to South Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

The lamp cord was taped and was causing sparks when plugged in. The toilet bowl had a ring and I'm not sure the sheets were clean. There was a tattoo artist in the room next door with people in and out all night one night and the next night I think they were drug dealers. When I complained the wife of the owner came and screamed at my husband to leave. Honestly have never experienced anything like it. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!! You'd be better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol P
Travel I, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

I am sorry to hear that you had unpleasant stay with us. Dear Guest, before 1 months you rented room for 2 weeks and on VERY FIRST NIGHT guest making lot of noise in walkway and in room and disturbing other at 3.30 AM. We call you at 3.30 AM and explain the situation, we are not able to handle situation and finally I call 911 at 4.00 AM.

Even this time also, when guest inform us that lamp code is not working. Front desk went in room and checked lamp code. It's was working. Guest throw lamp code on Front desk face and guest start screaming in room. So we gave refund for remaining nights and inform to leave. We don't want to rent room to guest that disturb other 2 guests at night time or early morning.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

Hotel was a great stay for a rest from the big cities, the trip is well worth it, guaranteed. You will leave feeling your energy regenerated. Just make sure you stock up on food before you come, the local Safeway, CVS, and Raleys can be a bit pricey when it is vacationing season.

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank PoundForPound
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
0.1 km away
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#75 of 118 in Lake Tahoe (California)
1.4 km away
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#41 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
0.1 km away
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
#55 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK