We had a wonderful stay at the Stardust Lodge in South Lake Tahoe. This is a step back in time but this hotel goes the extra mile to far exceed your expectations. Where to begin?
1. Top-notch staff. From front desk, manager, recreation staff, housekeeping--everyone we encountered genuinely wanted us to have a satisfying experience at the hotel and at Lake Tahoe.
2. Rooms are very clean. Includes refrigerator, microwave, sink, plates, bowls, utensils, cups, glasses, casserole dishes. Bathroom shower is really good. The rooms are being updated and remodeled. We stayed in a room that hasn't yet been updated and it was really nice, so don't worry all the rooms are clean and all will soon be very sleek. We looked at the remodeled rooms and they are very nice. Note: The studios do have Murphy Fold out wall beds), but to our surprise and happiness, the bed was really comfortable and we had a peaceful rest every night. We stayed a over a week!
A. Bicycles included in price of stay. There are easy to difficult bike paths nearby. The hotel has an ample supply of good bikes, including kids sizes. we loved being able to easily use the bikes.
B. Two nice pools and spas.
C. Beach pass to Lakeside private beach included. Short walk, drive or bike ride to a private beach that a few of the hotels share. It had beautiful lake access and views. You can rent boats, jet skis and kayaks right there too.
D. Exercise room
E. Continental Breakast
F. Activities and special meals (reasonable priced and these vary-per week--e.g., BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch Monday, lasagna on thurs night-not a meal everyday.)
G. Live music from Frabrizio--upbeat musician and singer--outdoor dancing under their canopy on Wed night in spring, Summer, fall, weather permitting. Really fun and unique--guests were literally dancing in the parking lot too and some just sat on the balcony to listen.
H. Steps to Heavenly Mtn Gondola. Great location for skiing or to enjoy the top of the mtn views in other seasons.
I. Short walk to Stateline Casinos. Harrahs, harveys, Horizon, Montblue and Lakeside.
J. Starbucks right across the street. Cinema, grocery store, all sorts of specialty stores (Nestle Cookie shop, a spa, outdoor stores, restaurants, etc within steps too!)
K. Free WiFi too!!
L. Two washers and dryers(no charge)
M. Dozens of DVD movies you borrow to watch in your room.
Sum it up: the Stardust captures yesteryear Lake Tahoe and provides a great time by today's high standards for friendly service, extras, cleanness, and amenities. Rates were reasonable too!
Props to Victor, an experienced outdoorsman who helped us plan hiking, kayaking, and rafting, and also to Jose, who makes service look effortless, Lorena, who leads the whole team, Shawn, who accomodates like no other, Fernando, who makes an awesome burger & is a hard worker, & Jesse, who is always ready to assist and Vivian, whose goid cheer and wisdom makes you thankful you met her. Each if these folks really made our vacation truly one to remember!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Stardust Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stardust Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Stardust Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Stardust Lake Tahoe