All reviews full kitchen heavenly village covered parking bedroom suite heavenly gondola wine and cheese grocery store bagels starbucks coffee hot breakfast across the street within walking distance family reunion hot tub bit dated free breakfast location is fantastic
Reviewed 15 July 2018

This was the second time that we have stayed here. The resort is a little dated, but very clean and well kept. What you are really getting is good service and a great location. We also like the option of getting the daily maid service or an amenity. We were offered either a bottle of wine or a movie snack pack. The kids loved the soda, popcorn and candy while they watched TV in the room. The sofa bed was reasonably comfortable for the kids and the king bed was very comfortable. The location is perfect. Very close to everything. The two pool areas were well maintained with hot tubs, fire pits, plenty of lounge chairs as well as tables and a comfortable seating area.
We always recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your posting and for staying with us again. So glad to hear you enjoyed our services and location, and our pools, amenities and firepits. We look forward to having you and your friends stay with us in the future, and reach out to us anytime!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This place is in a great location, but the remodel was not going well. When I got there, painting had been finished but just painted signs were up past their time....considerably past their time....elevators were not operational. The place was dark...lots and lots of kids and I was there on business....not business friendly....the breakfast area was a mess....people were nice...wifi was inconsistent and did not work half of the time, that was the most irritating part of the trip...never repaired it despite three attempts...musty....

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DennisK721
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for your review and our apologies for the remodeling that affected your stay. We had been in the process of completing our renovations for the spring season, and this impacted areas of the property at times. Please reach out to me personally, at jbindel@forestsuites.com, if I can be of any additional assistance to you or if I can assist in any other way. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future to see the completed renovations.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised when our very last minute booking turned out to be terrific! The location can’t be better - right behind heavenly village with shopping and great restaurants right there. 2 block walk to the casinos - no driving necessary. Breakfast was free and very good with lots of options. Our room was huge with a full kitchen, dining table, 2 TVs, separate bedroom but a tiny little shower. We were very happy with our stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear X1908CZjanets,
Thank you so much for your posting. We are thrilled to hear you loved our location, free breakfast and spacious rooms and full kitchens. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This place was probably beautiful around the time I was in high school or college (hint: I’m GenX age). It is totally underwhelming. The web site pictures look fantastic and the lobby is nice but the suites are like a run down apartment from the ‘90s. I could live with the outdated decor, but I have to wonder how often they scrub the carpeting and paint in a place so outdated. Our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke and mildew or mold. Both my husband and son immediately got stuffed up and had to pop allergy pills to stay.

The bed is uncomfortable. The shower smelled like PineSol so I hope that means it is clean. My husband refuses to take his sandals off or shower here. The sofa sleeper was so dusty we could not stop sneezing when we opened it up.

I took a plate out of the cupboard and there was food residue caked on it. We were going to save money by cooking but I wouldn’t eat anything cooked in the suite’s kitchen.

My son and I tried to swim in one of the pools only to find a layer of brown, oily looking scum floating on top of it. Keep in mind we have to pay a resort fee on top of the outrageous nightly rate and we can’t even swim?

So far, I agree with everything I’ve read in the 1 and 2 star reviews. Smelly, not clean, run down.

I’m afraid to try the free breakfast after overheating another guest complain that the frozen waffles weren’t fresh. The coffee in the lobby tastes like diesel fuel.

Finally, I’m lying in bed reading reviews of this place (why didn’t I read them before I booked it?) only to hear a thud followed by a skittering. It was a large moth divebombing my lamp. Normally bugs don’t bother me, but I think that was the last straw. If there was a vacancy at the Marriott, which is the same price, I would move. We are counting the days till we can get out of this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hibrau
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Hibrau,
Our sincere apologies for the situation you experienced. Please reach out to me personally, at jbindel@forestsuites.com or at 530-543-6532, so that I can get more information from you on your unit and we can immediately fix the deficiencies you mentioned, as well as assist you in any other way. I hope to hear from you soon, and our apologies again.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was clean and staff were amazing. Would definitely come back at this hotel. They have everything in the kitchen family and i bought steaks and veggies to cook for dinner and everything i need was in the cabinets and drawers. My son loved the gameroom. Manager Caitlin was so nice told us if we needed anything to make us feel better cuz my son and I were got sick before our trip. Kudos to all the staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jerry B, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Rocellie,
Thank you so much for your posting. We are thrilled to hear about our team members and in particular Catlin. We will be certain to pass along the great accolades to the team! Glad to hear you also enjoyed our clean rooms, in-unit kitchens for cooking and convenience, and our game room for your son (I'm sure he loved our Xbox Game Center). Hope to see you again soon.