All reviewsother guestscommunal tablecommunal diningyoga roomquiet holidaylocal fishingnearby templevillage lifereal balifar northyoga retreatspa arealittle piece of heavenfishing boatsmosquito netbuffet breakfaststayed longer
Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon and had an amazing stay. Our cottage was decorated beautifully and was very cosy and romantic.
The food here is vegetarian but you can get chicken if requested, and it was all really good.
We went to the spa at the resort and had a massage and we would highly recommend it. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I almost cancelled this place due to getting there way too early and glad I didn’t!
You are truly immersed oceanside in a Balinese village and having the locals all come down to swim in the afternoon was a great treat and you are not bothered in anyway, it’s all smiles & hello’s!
The accommodation I thought was outstanding! There isn’t a lot of room but I unpacked my bag and utilized the cupboard and shelving provided and threw the bag under the bed!
The staff were very happy and accommodating and had a great laugh with them.
Let’s say there is no WiFi but I wasn’t there for that, I was there for the peace and tranquillity and that certainly hit the mark!
The owners have finally had the submission come through for the internet and is under way, so if that’s your thing contact them prior to see if it’s up and running.
Yes dinner is at 7pm with everyone else but not mandatory, but rather nice to sit down and have a chat.
The frogs croaking, crickets chirping and the waves crashing on the shore only added to the wonderful ambience of this place. (These guys even provide earplugs if the sound of nature disturbs you)!
I swear I spent like 2hrs at night in the pool just listening to nature and relaxing!
Yes it’s a little more expensive for food and drink but you have nothing else around you and these guys do it well!
Room has aircon, raindrop shower, soap, shampoo, conditioner, bug spray, and a mosquito net that wasn’t required but felt very romantic, especially if I was there as a couple.
No tv, no radio! Just you, nature with a need to relax!
Spa on site, a fantastic deep pool, yoga area and OMG I had an awesome dinner!
Apologies for going on but I think the passion the owners have for this property and local village is simply outstanding and I so loved my night here and wish I stayed longer!
The grounds are well done and please be mindful that all of these staff have been employed from the village and it’s not a city hotel and for most it’s their first job to which there are very grateful for and are eager to please.
Escape the rat race and get yourself in here, you will be greatly rewarded!
But after all it is what you make it!
I wish you and your team well Sulis and trust I will see you in the near future.
Happy Travels!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

A more autenthical Bali seems to be difficult to find. This lodge on the Ocean side guarantees full enjoyment of nature, 'sound of silence' and culinaric satisfaction.
The privat ambient and lovely arranged interieur design is perfectly arranged and balanced to this wonderful place on earth and the service is as professional as it could be expexted from the German experienced management team.

Thanks for a great stay

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dirk S
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Cili Emas is nicely decorated but don't let that be the reason why you stay here as so many places in Bali are too! This place does not feel like Bali. The employees seem unhappy and stressed out. Everything is overpriced beyond other similar hotels. There is no music. They make you share tables with other guests, which feels awkward. I get the who communal table thing and I usually like is but given the general stiff feel about the place, it's not a good thing. The internet does not work in the rooms or at the restaurant. It does not work at all! Also, breakfast is included but you need to pay extra for coffee or fruit juice. Dinner was bland "Indian curry." Yoga is Rp 200,000 per class and you need to book a day in advance because they do not have teachers around. I would definitely not recommend this place at all. There is nothing good about it other than the decoration. You cannot swim in the beach either. Stiff, unfriendly vibe.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed here just one night at one of the houses in the right upper corner of the property.

Let,s start with the positive aspects of our stay first. The staff was great and did genuinely do their best to make us welcome. Very friendly and service minded. The restaurant/living room was close to the sea and a nice place to stay in the evening. Breakfast was good with fresh baked bread roles. Swimming pool was small but very refreshing.

Now to the less positive aspects. There are quite a few from our perspective:
1. Location of the house, in a dark corner, close to a wall with no view. Door can not be closed. Unpleasant, dark and dirty looking shower.
2. No air condition so quite hot and moist room.
3. Lot's of noise from dogs, chickens (starting at 06:00) and prayers from the village several times a day by use of megaphones.
4. Big cockroach (3-4 cm) in the shower
5. Dirty beach (rocks) and local town of little interest so quite isolated at resort.
6. Common diner for all guests at 19:00 with very limited option (chicken or fish). Quality of food rather low standard.

We paid USD 115,- for one night which is quite high compared with other hotels/resorts on Bali.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple