“You feel special when you stay here!”

Cili Emas Oceanside Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tejakula
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“You feel special when you stay here!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

+ beautiful bungalows with outside bathrooms
+ good service, especially when the owners are there
+ very quiet location
+ excellent food served at night
+ nice massages next to swimming pool and other activities

- far from everything
- no public transportation available, so always need a driver (at least 450.000 R)
- unfortunately we did not see any dolphins during our boat trip

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Henriettehenny
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is the best experience I had in Bali!!! The place was awesomely beautiful and very clean. The hosts were super friendly and I must say that you will never find a place like this for the price you pay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mellypearson
Jakarta
Reviewed 5 August 2012

When I arrived with my rental car, I got lost twice when trying to reach Cili Emas. However with the guidance and help from the staff I finally reached Cili Emas even though I had some doubts since I have to drive through a beaten track. When I stepped into the resort, I glad that I was wrong!

Welcomed with a coconut drink, friendly conversation with the staff and nice atmosphere next to the beach are very good way to greet a visitors. Communal breakfast, lunch and dinner also a very nice way to get to know your fellow tourists. One thing about the food, AMAZING! Nyoman made sure the food was nicely prepared, it totally delicious! Nicolle and Johan (the owner) also interacted with the guess which made staying in Cili Emas more like staying in a friend's place rather than in a resort.

My only regret is I stayed for only 2 nights. I'll certainly be staying here again if I come back to Bali. If you want to rest, get away from hectic life, and doing minimal activities or none at all, then you can count on Cili Emas.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Edwardkusuma
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Cile Emas has some of that x-factor magic that is difficult to aptly describe! Nicole and Jochen are the two very gracious and engaging hosts who have created this tranquil respite from touristy Bali. The rooms are lovely (and SUPER CELAN) and we stayed in the Lumbung which was the quietest, nicest spot to stay in our opinion but the other rooms/bungalows looked great as well.

People have had mixed opinions about sharing communal meals which we read before arriving at Cili Emas. In our opinion it truly added to the delight of the place and we thoroughly enjoyed the delicious meals served to a friendly group of travellers. It would be a definite plus if you were travelling on your own too. Nicole or Jochen or both enjoy dinner with their guests which also adds to the experience as they eagerly share their experiences of Bali and their passion for what they do.

Most importantly they have instilled a confidence and a quiet strength in their staff which was refreshing and evident. Attentive and friendly at all times they are a great team and produce tasty and healthy meals. Possibly the best food we had in Bali! Which is also why we have to mention Nyoman the "superwomen" of Cili Emas who not only manages most of the day-to-day tasks but is also the head chef. Be sure to do the cooking class with Nyoman while you are there - it entails Nyoman's enthusiastic Bali cooking techniques and anecdotes about Bali life and results in the evening meal for all the guests! A fine way to spend an afternoon and evening!

Tejakula is definitely off the beaten track and a walk up into the town is easy and there are many activities on offer should you wish to throw yourself into the hustle bustle. Having done a lot of sightseeing before arriving at Cili emas, my husband and I rather chose to enjoy their lovely gardens and communal areas for reading and relaxing and swimming and of course a fine massage or two. Nicole also has plans for a Yoga studio which is in process.

The beach is rocky so don't expect a long white sandy beach but if you're looking for a place to hideaway and enjoy the calm gentle side of Bali then this is certainly the place for you.

Magical, dreamy, tranquil and peaceful. Thank you Cili Emas! :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Purplewhizzball
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I really did not know what to expect as Bali had been a less than pleasant experience to date. I was to be very pleasantly surprised with beautiful clean surrounds, fabulous food cooked by Nyoman and the very friendly staff. Best cups of tea and health drinks - all in all I revived. I loved the spa area, swam in the pool, sat and gazed at the rolling waves, read books and got to know other travellers from Germany, Wisconsin, Sydney Australia and of course the hosts Nicole and Jochen. Recommend the use of their driver for pick up from the airport as we had a bit of an adventure finding the place as we discovered that the locals in and around Kuta and Obud had never heard of Tejakula. Being vegeterian I can only rave about the food as to how fresh and tasty it was. I can only hope that Nicohle will one day produce a cook book as I am missing the home made organic bread and the tofu spread served at breakfast as well as all the creative dishes for lunch and dinner. I am not too keen to go back to Bali but I really want to come back to Cili Emas for a longer stay. Thankyou to all the staff for looking after us so well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tejakula
6.1 km away
2.9 km away
Bondalem Beach Club
Bondalem Beach Club
#1 of 2 in Bondalem

Been to Cili Emas Oceanside Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK