This little lake is one of the best fly fishing spots in Northern Italy. It is stocked regularly with German Brown and Rainbow Trout during the summer months and is easily accessible from the town of Pellizzano in the Val di Sole. Note: The road from Pellizzano to the lake is steep and a bit narrow.
The lake is fed by several small streams and springs that flow from the Brenta Dolomites. If you are new to Italy, here's a few tips:
1) Purchase a license (mandatory) in Pellizzano at the Bar Centrale.
2) Come early and leave late.
3) There is paid parking and free parking, if you don't mind a walk.
4) The month of August is a total zoo and should be avoided.
5) Most high mountain fly patterns work well here including nymphs in sizes 16 to 12.
6) 4 to 6 weight rods recommended along with waders.
7) The lake is open to catch and release and catch and kill. (check limit regulations - usually 5)
8) The lakeside restaurant is only open in peak summer months; bring a lunch.
9) There are numerous picknic tables and grassy fields to eat in as well.
10) Check the regulations as the outfall stream is only leagally fished down to the stone bridge.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.