“Couldn't see a thing but still was fun!”
Review of Top of Europe

Top of Europe
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 240.79*
and up
Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went in the morning (8 am train), as suggested, but we still couldn't see a thing. There was a storm at the top and we couldn't even see our hands in front of our faces. Still, the ice palace was fun to explore and it was fun to stand in the middle of a blizzard even if it was less than 2 minutes. If you're OK with whatever experience you'll get out of it, view or no view, then it's worth taking the journey to the top.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"snow park"

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing view from the Highest point of Europe..we started our journey from Zurich so had to change 7 trains including the cogwheel train which reaches you to the top of Jungfraujoch..for adults there are lot many things to catch once you reach the top..the lindt chocholate factory engages the kids & adults both..if the kids are under 5 yrs age there’s very less for them to get engaged at the top & if the snow play is closed due to bad weather conditions then not much for kids..excellent panoramic views..splendid shots for your memory..

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We went at the end of February. The weather was cold and overcast when we left the station. As we ascended, the weather gave way to sun. We reached the top and entered the lobby. Sunshine and blue skies everywhere. But your oxygen is 1/2 of what you intake at normal levels, so you must allow time to acclimatize. And take slow, half steps. We followed the tour through the ice palace, the observatory, and the plateau. To put this destination into words just isn't enough. This is a true experience. One of a kind.

1  Thank kenr55461
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Okay so this was my first trip to Switzerland and my friend suggested we do this tour, now tbh I was a bit hesitant because of the high price point. I mean almost $300?? I didn't even book it until the very last minute because it hurt my soul to dish out that much cash for a tour.

Alas the day of the tour came and I can honestly tell say, having been on it, I would pay that price all over again just to go on the tour once more. It is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, WORTH IT!!!

Some tour details and tips: We left from Zurich, be sure to be on time - get any food/drinks you need before getting on the bus because they do not let you eat/drink on there (except water). I can't remember our tour guide's name but he was AWESOME. He had a heavy accent but still easy to understand.

No matter how tired or sleepy you are, do NOT sleep through the drive, the scenery is AMAZING and this is part of the hefty price you paid so stay awake and take it all in. The tour guide will be explaining various points as you go along.

There is a brief stop in Interlocken for bathroom breaks/leg stretching, and then it's back on the bus. Next stop is a small town where you board the 1st of 2 trains that will take you up the mountain. Obviously the views just keep getting better and better the closer you get to the top. Once up there you will be given 3 hours to go on your own and explore. Now it's very important that you use these 3 hours wisely. We opted to grab food first, there's a quick cafeteria style restaurant which is quick, there's also a full service restaurant but why waste all that time? I don't remember all the names of the various activities but they're numbered and your tour guide will explain them to you. We checked out the main lookout point, took TONS of pics there, we also went to the Ice Palace and then to the Swiss Flag area. My only regret is I wish we would have gone to the Swiss Flag area first, this spot is super popular (it's where you get to take a pic with the flag and the mountain peak is behind you). Go here early as the line gets long and everyone ends up taking like 15+ pics. Once you're done here, then go check out the other stuff because trust me, you're definitely going to want to take a pic with the flag, it's one of the coolest photo ops ever.

On our way back down we again took 2 trains, it was absolutely gorgeous seeing all the lit cabins and towns on our way down. Seriously looked like a painting or a fake Xmas town, it was absolutely stunning.

I wish I could go through more detail but honestly this was a whole day trip and there was just too much to go over, this review does not do it justice. Definitely go on this tour, you will not regret it. Even the bus ride there was worth the money, but once I was standing on top of the mountain 10000 ft above sea level, breathing in the freshest air I ever have, I didn't even care about what I spent. Don't miss out on this!

3  Thank Nabila R
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Before I get into the details I want to make aware this tour is a long day of Bus/Trail rides and could be even longer if the weather is not good. With that our trip begun at the bus station on a snowy day in Zurich. Our tour group total 16 people. This is a small group. The snow stopped shortly after getting out of Zurich and the weather turn for the best. The sun came out and it made a world of difference on the trip. Our trip had a stop in Lucerne to pick up additional people. That quick stop turned into a few hours due bus issues. The bad news new we didn't get to visit Interalaken the good news is we got a few hours to walk around Lucerne. I thought this was a great break. Lucerne was enjoyable to walk around.

A new bus eventually came and the tour continue to Top of Europe. The bus ride then turned into a train ride to Top of Europe. The train is crowded but has lots of windows to enjoy the sites. At the Top of Europe you are giving 2 hours to enjoy and if the weather is nice it is enjoyable. Once your time is up it is a train/bus ride back to Zurich. The train ride down is the only part that I thought was not all that enjoyable. The train is very crowded and the train is slow going down the mountain. Other than that it was a very enjoyable trip. I recommend if the weather is nice.