“Great hotel, worst customer service ever!!”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Overall great hotel and we were able to get an awesome deal thru priceline. I called the hotel a few days prior just to confirm everything and the person on the phone was incredibly friendly and helpful, which made me look forward to our stay. We purchased a 2 night stay my husband, my 3 year old daughter and myself during fourth of July weekend. We received HORRIBLE customer service during our stay. We stayed the day at silverwood and on our way to the hotel I realized I lost the address to the hotel, so I phoned them and asked if they'd be able to give it to me, a man gave it to me incredibly fast and in a super rude tone. I seriously did not understand one word. I asked him to repeat it like 5 times and he was incredibly rude and just no help at all. So I said thanks and hung up, I decided to use Google instead. Upon checking in (im sure it was the same guy) didn't even smile and was very rude. Well we go upstairs, find our room, open the door only to find someone sleeping inside!!!!! The guy at the front desk gave us the key to someone else's room! My husband went downstairs pretty upset at this point and apparently all the guy said was that it was a mistake and he didn't realize that room was taken. No apologies or anything.. about an hour later we FINALLY were able to get into our room. The rooms are really nice! Renovated, balcony, really nice finishes and comfy beds. We visited the MAX and it was amazing! The server was great and so so kind. During our check out it was unfortunately the same employee from the first night, still no smile, didn't ask about our stay or anything. He appeared to be in his 30's and was just so unfriendly and uncaring. I will not be returning as I believe customer service is everything!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear Val D,
At Mirabeau Park Hotel we take our guest service standards very seriously and are disappointed that your stay did not meet those standards. Your comments will help us continue to improve our service.
Friendly customer service is of utmost importance to us and we apologize for not meeting your expectations in this way. A would appreciate the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please call myself directly to make any future reservations and amends for your last stay. 509-924-9000
Thank you.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Mirabeau Park Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Travelling through WA on our way back to the west coast, we needed a hotel close to the highway. the Mirabeau came up as one of the options. We were very pleasantly surprised. Close to,the highway, reasonable price, very large room, and an excellent in-house restaurant. We enjoyed our stay here and when returning to Spokane, we would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Ken078,
Thank you for taking the time to review Mirabeau Park Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.We look forward to the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

We stayed 6 nights in an unrenovated room and got them to put a fridge in. Large room, clean, good bed and pillows. Would suggest 3rd floor as not greatly insulated. Pool nice at end of day, restaurant pricey. Lots of parking and staff courteous. Air con worked great as well! Wifi hit and miss depending on peak times I think and none at pool. A hop skip on sidewalk to 35mile gorgeous centennial trail for biking walking etc.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear GuyLee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Stayed here with a youth sports team, they had a great breakfast buffet set up for the team every morning which was included in the price. Nice little courtyard for the kids to hang out and the pool area was nice for them too. The hotel itself is a big confusing to navigate as it appears that they built it in sections over a period of time and the room numbers correspond to the building you're in (e.g., all rooms that are in the 300's are in building three on any of the three floors) Rooms in the middle section of the building (e.g., 2200's) are the nicest with mircowave and mini fridge. The rooms in the other buildings (economy) are quite dated and don't have microwaves or mini fridges. Wifi is very weak in those parts of the hotel too. Overall, it was a decent place to hang out for the short amount of time we were actually at the hotel.

Room Tip: pick a room in the middle section that backs onto the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank socjoc12
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear socjoc12,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are done renovating an entire wing of our hotel, and 75% of our hotel has been renovated. Our renovation activities will continue until we have renovated all guest rooms. As you pointed out in your post, there are many positive aspects to staying at the Mirabeau Park Hotel and we hope to see you soon again.
Thank you!

Reviewed 1 August 2015

I stayed one night in a king executive room. The first thing I noticed is the good smell when entering the room. It looked as if every surface had been polished to a shine. The room was much bigger than I expected, good quality finishes, and very comfortable. I will look forward to going back in the future!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LaursieBug

Dwar LaursieBug,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Mirabeau Park Hotel. We appreciate all of your compliments and will look forward to your return. Thank you