“I like Residence inn, but this one...”

Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Phoenix, Arizona
“I like Residence inn, but this one...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

First the likes:

This hotel is about 20 minutes from Spokane's airport, it is located near a mall with the usual shops and restaurants. The rooms are a little dated but fine and typical for what you'd expect.

The not-so-good

Check-in - took over 15 minutes - not sure why, I was the only person there it was 230 in the afternoon - I think if I had called the front desk via phone it would have been faster

Room - after that still had to stand outside my room for 10 minutes for it to be cleaned

While the "manager's reception" was touted at check-in turn out that at this Residence that is canned soda, a half bottle of white wine and some "tacos" (think Taco bell on a very bad day)
My previous stays at RI have been quite different

Minor maintenance item - Hot tub was out of order (it was cold so would have been nice)

Wireless is also wonky, dopped at inopportune times

Bottom Line: I stay at this type of hotel for consistency and convenience, last thing i want is to opposite. While I would stay here in a pinch, would not be my first choice

all-in-all

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed two nights to break a long drive from Lincoln City to Calgary.The room was clean, comfortable and spacious and the breakfast was adequate to start the day. Air con unit was very noisy. The staff were very helpful and pleasant.
We just used the hotel to rest at night as we spent the day out and about so didn't use any of the other facilities in the hotel but the pool was an indoor pool and looked quite small.
The hotel matched the standard of other Marriott Residences we have used and standard is what I would expect for the price paid - which isn't expensive..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was our 3rd trip through Spokane and we've stayed at this Residence Inn each time, with slightly different reviews each time. This visit, during which the guest count was very low, was a very good visit. Staff, both evening and morning, were very pleasant. This hotel is in very safe area only 1/2 mile from a large shopping mall and many other large stores(such as Hobby Lobby, TJ Max, Nordstrom Rack) and restaurants (Azteca is our favorite). The free breakfast was good, and was more so because it wasn't crowded. The breakfast area is fairly small for the size of the hotel. The exercise room only had a few walking machines. The hotel also had a small indoor pool, which we didn't use on this visit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ClarkCreek
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

We had a top-floor, corner suite that was very nice. We never could quite tell by the hotel website if what we thought was to be a 1 BR suite was indeed a 1 BR ENCLOSED suite that is equipped with a bedroom door to separate us for the night from our cats while we sleep for a long drive the next day. I had the AGM at the RI in Billings call on our behalf to this facility and confirmed we had a 1 BR suite. Well guess what? No such deal. We paid for a 1 BR but were assigned a suite with a single king bed OPEN to the living and dining area. That is not a 1 BR suite IT IS A STUDIO SUITE! Yes we stayed in this room as we were too tired to fight the fight but I did write it up on a comment card. The room was very nice and very quiet. This hotel has had some money spent on the interior hallways which are very nicely done even more so than is usual in other RIs. We were able to get in for the night on a Senior Discount Rate. The other
negative I did experience was when we went to the front desk in the evening to get laundry change we met the two front desk female "reservationists" that were attired in grubby looking jeans and each displaying so many tattoos I thought I had made a wrong turn and was somehow at a local circus. I have never seen this before at any Marriott property over the last 12 years. Really inappropriate dress and appearance. Would we return? Probably just because of the location being handy to Coeur d'Alene and I-90 and being pet-friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

It's ok, ac unit was loud and outside light lit the room up at night with curtains closed. Exercise room and equipment was a joke the equip. Is the from the 1970 or so. I had to just shake my head. Just didn't enjoy it much, but it was ok.

• Stayed October 2011