“Ok at best”

Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It's ok, ac unit was loud and outside light lit the room up at night with curtains closed. Exercise room and equipment was a joke the equip. Is the from the 1970 or so. I had to just shake my head. Just didn't enjoy it much, but it was ok.

• Stayed: October 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We were just looking for a place to stay to explore the area. For the price the service, location and cleanliness is unmatched. We probably stay in too many over rated places so were favorable impressed.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Tborner
Reviewed 18 October 2011

On Oct. 14th my family and I checked in to the Residence Inn in the East Valley. We had a two bedroom two bath unit with a kitchen. At 7:30 we experienced loud music, heavy foot traffic and loud voices above us. I contacted the front desk and was told a call would be made to the room. As I later found out a Bachelor & Bachlerette Party was taking place and the center of the activity was in the room directly above us. After the second call (an hour later) I was told this Marriott property had a strict "no party" policy and that if the problem didn't subside the police would be called and the guests would be evicted. After the third call I urged the staff to call the police as the noise was worse and getting louder. At 2 a.m. the party reached unbearable limits. We could plainly hear the shouting and a wrestling match was actually taking place in the room. The night auditor (the only hotel staff at the property) confided that the General Manager was called but nothing was going to be done since they were guests of hers. At 3 a.m. the noise finally died down and all members of the party returned to their rooms as I imagine the limits the human body can consume alcohol were finally reached. THIS WAS THE WORST NIGHT IN ANY LODGING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!! The next day we were comped the nights lodging but I was a Zombie after 3 hours of sleep. I suggested to the assistant manager perhaps the next night should be thrown in as well. After talking to the General Manager this couldn't be done and they treated us like we imagined the whole thing. Repeated calls to the GM found her "in meetings". The assistant manager insisted that the Marriott Residence in is not a party motel. I suggested they clean up the pile of pink puke by the entrance to our wing (2 days old) least other guests get the wrong impression.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jeffrey T
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We recently stayed for 3 nights during the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend. This was our first visit to Spokane and we were quite impressed with the city. As is our usual habit, we picked this hotel based upon the reviews. Apart from the relatively good reviews, we were particularly interested in the fact that this hotel is idealy situated in the outskirts of Spokane and that Spokane's great hiking trail (Heritage Trail) can be accessed via the rear of the hotel grounds. The hotel is well sitiuated close to several shopping plazas and a large mall. There are many restaurant options both nearby and in the city of Spokane. Coeur d'Alene Idaho is only a 30 minute drive from the hotel. The hotel was clean and appears fairly new. We occupied a 1 bedroom suite with a well equipped kitchen, (full apartment sized fridge, a stove top (no oven), a good size microwave and a dishwasher). All plates, cuttlery, pots and pans were supplied. The living room and bedroom were supplied with flat screen tv's. I have read some comments regarding the beds. The hotel was relatively quiet. We found our bed comfortable but small. In all fairness, we are accustomed to a queen size bed. This is not a complaint. We were expecting a smaller bed.
We did not sample the breakfast during our stay. We did attempt to twice but the hotel was quite busy and there was just no place to sit in their breakfast area.
We found the staff very helpful and pleasant.
We have travelled to many places and stayed at several 4 and 5 star hotels in the past. We were very satisfied with our stay and we are already thinking of returning to Spokane and this hotel for another long weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank VernonBirdman
Reviewed 25 September 2011

One of the best hotels I've stayed at recently. Spent a week at this hotel while in town for business. Hotel is in excellent condition, staff is friendly and accommodating, nice breakfast to get your day started. Will definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business