1,686 results
All reviewsdrawing roomshakespeare suitehaunted hotelafternoon teaold churchbeautiful hotelexecutive roomgrounds are stunningcountry housesteeped in historysconeswedding partysteam room and saunaevening mealstratford upon avonhandpicked hotelscream tea
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We got married on Mon 18th December and as it was the second wedding for both of us we only had a three day honeymoon due to lack of funds. The area around Stratford and Warwick is lovely so we looked at hotels in the area and came across Ettington Park. When asking for information on the phone I spoke to a very helpful lady, this helped me make up my mind to visit there. Plus their website is well put together and paints the hotel in an enticing light.
From the first moment we arrived we knew we had made the right decision. The reception staff were incredibly helpful and along with the lovely ambience we immediately felt at home. Surprisingly and kindly as it was our honeymoon we were upgraded to the most delightful room overlooking the wonderful and sweeping grounds of the hotel, on entering the room we were like two young children given carte blanche in a huge sweet shop, we were so excited and so happy with our room.
That evening we had a fantastic meal in the restaurant and even chatted to the manager, a kind and friendly man from Italy with a smile that lit up everything around him. All the staff were just brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for anyone, we felt like royalty and it was all just amazing.
As we had arrived in the dark the evening before the next morning we drew back our curtains to be greeted with the most sublime of views as the mist lifted and the grass glistened, it was a perfect winter view at what was a perfect hotel for our perfect honeymoon.
I can’t recommend this hotel enough, I can’t fault it and if you are like we were, unable to decide where to go for a romantic break, then just go to Ettington Park Hotel... it is perfect.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 10 January 2018

This hotel is now one of my firm favourites, having some unique character and history which give it such a special feel.

Along with this is the excellent service and the feeling that you are a special and welcomed guest as given by the doorman, reception staff and all the hotel staff we encountered.

Our small company held a private dinner, overnight stay and meeting at Ettington in June 2017.

Our planned BBQ did not go ahead due to bad weather, but we enjoyed the BBQ in the beautiful Library room, which has historical character.

For our meeting, we used the Courtyard room, which is modern in style and of an excellent size to allow breathing space for a gathering of 20 persons. It also overlooks the courtyard via floor to ceiling glass, which allows very pleasant daylight. The AV equipment was excellent and the working lunch and breaks included some delightful catering.

You cannot visit this hotel without taking a walk around the grounds, including some historical features, it really is a beautiful setting and a good central location if you are gathering a group of people from around the UK.

We used the grounds for very entertaining team building events (duck herding and cannon firing) via a corporate event provider recommended by Ettington Park Hotel and we would highly recommend them in return (BrightVision Events).

Very much looking forward to returning to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We booked this hotel before we found out that it was the most haunted hotel in the UK according to the AA....first the hotel review..then the ghosty review. !! We arrived and checked in by a nice friendly man....and found our room very easily...it was very well appointed...comfy bed...and nice and quiet. We had dinner there again.. very nice...and went to bed.....so far so good ! ....on the middle of the night l awoke with a knocking noise....it persisted for maybe two minutes...l attributed it to the wood in the rafters expanding or contracting..so nothing to worry about......back to sleep.....after a short while l heard a handbell rung... only once... could be a wake up bell .for staff.. Again nothing to worry about....by then l needed to go to the facilities....as you do......l then sat on the bed ready to roll into bed.... and I looked at my feet....and they glowed green.. very dim ... around the edges on both feet.....l covered one foot with the other......and the glow remained.... just very dull..not bright......l cannot explain this at all...l was Inn room. 38....

Room Tip: Room 38....try it. !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuart h
GordonBurniston, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us at Ettington Park Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the setting, service, rooms and food. I was intrigued to read about your experiences, I'm sure it was just your mind playing tricks. The bell might of been the door bell at the front of the hotel which we use after midnight for guests returning late to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We booked into stay at Ettington Park for a family wedding that was taking place on the grounds. At check-in we were told our room was ready but was being used by some other wedding guests to get changed, which was fine as we had arrived early so we changed in another family member’s room who had been there since the day before. Reception told us the room would be cleared by check in time.

The ceremony room was a bit small but very pretty. Afterwards we were ushered into one of the dining areas where people were having their lunch whilst we killed around them which must have been as odd for them as it was for us- perhaps the hotel had been intending for us to use the outside spaces but weather prohibited- even so this seemed a very odd solution.

Before dinner check in time arrived, so we collected our keys from the desk only to find that our room was in absolute disarray and still full of rubbish and luggage left by the previous occupants (who we did not know), even though reception had assured us this would all be cleared by check in time. We probably would have been less annoyed if the hotel had been upfront and told us the room wasn’t ready yet. We had to alert reception twice before anything was done about this.

The wedding breakfast was held in a room up several flights of stairs- this’s not ideal if you are inviting guests with accessibility options as we did, so if you’re considering Ettington for your venue I’d suggest looking at alternative configurations.

The food itself was not a fantastic standard, and service was extremely slow. There was a 25 minute wait between the serving of a bread roll and the soup that accompanied it, which as lukewarm and lacking in flavour. The main course was chicken with fondant potato-two of our table’s was raw in the middle- and a maximum of five green beans per plate. Pudding was a tart that had very little flavour to it- guesses on the table as to what it was supposed to be ranged from lemon to white chocolate to plain custard. The evening buffet was better, thankfully.

Once the room had been dealt with it was perfectly nice and a decent size- no apology was offered from the hotel for the inconvenience and sadly we wouldn’t recommend it, despite how beautiful the grounds and options for wedding venue are at this hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sazza2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your review, please accept my sincere apologies with regard your room not being ready on check in and then being told the room was ready when obviously it had not been serviced.. It seems we have had a breakdown in communication between our teams and in a rush to have your room ready before the 3pm check in time.

With regard the function room, this is served in the Long Gallery which does have a lift, my apologies if this was not highlighted to you. My apologies with regard to the food quality, I have spoken to my Head Chef to ensure we have consistency across all dishes for everyone attending our wedding's. It seems on checking with the Banqueting Manager this was an isolated incident however it should still not of occurred. I'm pleased that our normal food quality was restored for you at the evening buffet.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us but I hope you will return to us in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stayed here as part of a business trip. My room was just off of the first floor, overlooking the arrival area. The room itself was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also a good size. Dinner was arranged as part of the event and whilst the options were limited the food was very good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your business visit with us at Ettington Park Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the setting, service, rooms and food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.