“Would recommend, just not the room we had until they fix the drain smell.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ettington Park Hotel

Ettington Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alderminster
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Would recommend, just not the room we had until they fix the drain smell.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed in the Shirley Suite, a lovely large room and fantastic bathroom. Although wouldn't recommend this room as I think there is a drain problem. When we arrived the windows were open and the room was freezing. As you walk through the door there was an odour but further into the room none. We had to ring to request a room service list as there wasn't one in the room. A rather brusque lady brought one up very promptly and said "there should have been one and that someone had probaby taken it as a souvenir", on looking at it, not my idea of a souvenir. I asked her if she had any air freshner, her response was "she had already sprayed the room twice and had we opened the window?" No air freshner ever arrived. Room service food was fabulous although ordering it was difficult. The phone rang for so long it eventually went back to reception. Where I was advised they had put me though to the correct number. When I did get through I was advised to hang on while they got a pen and paper. Back to the drain issue, the sink took for ever to drain and the shower tray filled up with water to the point where I thought it was going to over flow. Loved the tile television in the bathroom and the bath was fab. Fantastic hotel, grounds are lovely. Over all a fantastic stay but the room let it down.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ettington, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased that on the whole you had a fantastic stay.I have noted your comments regarding the drainage issues and I will carry out a full investigation with our maintenance team ; I am sorry that this occured.I will also discuss the couple of housekeeping comments you made with Susan our Head Housekeeper.

I do appreciate your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Jonathan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have just got back from staying at Ettingham Park Hotel. We really enjoyed the last couple of days. The room was lovely, with a huge comfortable bed and a spacious, luxurious bathroom. The grounds are attractive and tastefully lit in the evening. The staff were extremely hospitable throughout our stay - happy to chat but always respectful of privacy. Dining in the restaurant in the evening was a pleasure - a varied menu which provided a 3 course meal that was cooked beautifully, with an equally fine vegetarian menu option. Breakfast options were vast, and again the standard was excellent. We would thoroughly reccommend this hotel as a nice way to escape hectic life with a relaxing break.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick W
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words.I know the team regulary read TripAdvisor and they too will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had a really nice relaxing spa break; the spa was really nice, staff very friendly. The Hotel was spotless and the food was really, really lovely, the rooms were all very spacious with a traditional feel and a warm and friendly atmosphere. We will defiantly be visiting again. Liz :)

Room Tip: The rooms which my friends and I had were all nice with good views of the grounds.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.A warm and friendly atmosphere is just what we strive for - thank you.

I am delighted you will be visting us again , just dont leave it too long !

Teesside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Had lovely one night stay room small for an executive double but very clean and comfortable. Staff extremely helpful and happy to chat. They were able to advise on activities local area etc. you really need a car to get about though as hotel about 10 minute drive from Stratford upon Avon. Had great relaxing stay and would definately go again.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel.

It is nice to hear you will visit us again and we look forawrd to welcoming you back.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Set in the countryside, it was very peaceful and a relaxing hotel. Stratford upon Avon is not too far away for shopping and easy to get to and from. The staff were very friendly and did their utmost to help.
If your not in a rush, that's fine but if you are, the service in the dining room could be on the slow side.
The mattresses were new but quite soft and didn't help a bad back, other than that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Juliack
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am sorry that you did not find our new beds comfortable, I will review all future comments on our new beds and ensure that your feedback is discussed with our purchasing department.On a postive note, I am pleased you found the hotel peaceful and relaxing.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Jonathan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderminster
10.3 km away
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#4 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,915 reviews

Been to Ettington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK