“Quaint”

Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Murphy, TX, South Fork Texas Steak & Crab is a locally owned and operated establishment that offers a high-quality menu at reasonable prices with top-notch service. Seating is available in a cozy dining room with booths and tables or in the back bar and patio with several TVs, including a 100" projection screen, for a more laid-back experience. South Fork Texas Steak & Crab's menu specializes in USDA Prime Ribeyes and CAB Center-Cut Filets, as well as, Alaskan & King Crab, Lobster Tail, Gulf Shrimp, Atlantic Salmon, Surf & Turf options and more. We take particular pride In serving all homemade sauces and original recipes.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Great!! Steaks and beverages in a quiet atmosphere, greati Birthday.Waitress was very helpful with the menu selections .

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My husband and I just took our son here Saturday night, mostly because we could not find a steak house that had any openings before 9:30. There were no cars in the lot and the restaurant is in a strip mall, which does not give a customer a good feeling. It was pretty empty. Our waitress was nice however she did not seem suited to serve in an establishment where the bill is over $150. I asked for my crab legs to be brought out before my steak and they were not and she never mentioned it. The young man at the door and cleaning the tables was very attentive and hard working. The food was pretty good, except cold crab legs and my husband's chewy lobster tail, but just not the experience you expect at a high end steak house.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I decided to treat my parents to a close dinner and remember seeing this steak house and thought, why not. So glad I did, because our meal was fantastic! We arrived a little after 7pm on a Saturday and it was nearly empty, but about 30 minutes later it was nearly at capacity! No sweet tea, but they have sweetener on the table, no problem! The ambience was somewhat quaint, with soft music and dim lighting.

We started off with the Calamari Fries, and we were surprisingly pleased! I was expecting the little calamari rings you get at your run of the mill Italian restaurant, but these were big, tender, juicy pieces of fried calamari! It was topped with large cheese shavings of Parmesan I think. It was the best fried calamari we had ever had! Every bite was just phenomenal! After we devoured the calamari, we were anxious for the next dish, our salads! It was all fresh greens with a good mix of different lettuce and salad condiments. The little bits of cranberries (dehydrated) was a good balancer with our blue cheese dressing. The bread was fresh, warm, and oh so good! Yeast rolls I'm pretty sure. By time we cleaned our plates of salad and scrapped up the salad dressing with our rolls, our steaks arrived. Everyone ordered med-rare and everything was perfect! We each ordered a different steak to try them all out and all were what we would expect out of a steak house that knows their steaks. We each had toppers for our steaks, but the flavor of the meat didn't need any additional help. It wasn't the best steak I've had, but it is definitely in the top 5! The steaks come with steamed broccoli, but if you'd like to sub that out with something different it was an additional $3 up charge. I had asparagus with my meal which were very good also. We didn't have any room for dessert so no review there, everything else was amazing and full of flavor!

The service was very attentive and checked on us regularly. Drinks didn't stay empty for long and dishes were taken promptly. Owner stopped by and asked how everything was, which is always a big plus in my experience! Our bill was $135 for 3 of us, which was a little high but thinking about the quality of the meal, I nodded with satisfaction as I payed.

All in all this would have been a 4 and half star rating but I'm rounding up to a 5 just because it was our first time and it was a good first impression!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place! Take them your business! The steaks are really good, salads & rolls really yummy, even the broccoli is good! Let's keep these guys in business! Eat here often!

Reviewed 3 April 2016

In the last six months, I have been here twice for dinner, the routine is what would you like to drink, would you like any starters, looking at the limited set of starters, they have a Shrimp and Jalapeno fried something, that looks interesting. Tonight, the server seem new, maybe distracted, took my starter order, brought our drink request. Ordered the main course, Salad's show up, no bread, asked for bread. Listen to couple behind us tell management they have been sitting there 15 minutes and no one has attended to them and Good bye. Bread shows up, Salad's finished, bread gone, water glass empty, server stops by and states she will go check on food. I am wondering starter or meal? Another server gets me more water. Some amount of time goes by server stops by, I am going to check on your food and off the server goes again. Shortly reappears with the meal. Okay, I don't need the starter.
The steak was to my liking, but I ordered it med-rare hoping to get something between med-rare and medium, seems if I order medium, it comes out medium well.
Wife indicates she wasn't impressed, and that it was a costly dinner for the experience.
The Mac and Cheese truffles was a bit soupy, wish the cheese sauce was thicker. Her skillet potatoes were good and her grill chicken was good. The starter wasn't on the ticket, so I made no fuss about it, but this is two times I have gone there ordered a starter and not received it. Another plus was we had no waiting to be seated, we did however have to wait at the table for things to show up.