All reviewscooked breakfaststayed herenot hesitate to stay here againroom was spaciouscooked to perfectionearly checkfull englishblack puddingplace to staytea and coffee making facilitiesyogurtfitoiletriesmushrooms
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for a family occasion as it was near to the party. The room 7 was big enough for an overnight stay,it was clean and just what you needed. The en suite was a little small but again was immaculate and fine for a quick shower.

Breakfast was excellent and the hosts were accommodating offering extra of anything requested.

We would definitely stay again and would recommend Winsford Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariereed2
winsfordlodge, Owner at The Winsford Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

We are pleased that the guests enjoyed their stay and found everything to their satisfaction

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The owner's
The owner's are very warm and welcoming and even helped us to where pubs, supermarkets and amenities where.They even allowed us to bring back a bottle of wine to our room in the evening.

Breakfast
For breakfast there was a good choice of either a light breakfast or a full English cooked breakfast along with fruit juice, cereal, toast, tea and coffee. I had a full English myself, my food was served very quickly to our table in the morning, well cooked and nicely presented on the plate. Please be aware that your breakfast is not included within the price of your room, a light breakfast was £3.75 and A full English was £6.50.

Our room
Our room was a good size modern room and was extremely clean with plenty of tea, coffee and sugar on our hospitality tray with biscuits and a bottle of mineral water as well. The room information pack is nicely presented in a leather wallet and was very informed, it even had a small section on the local history. Free WiFi was also in the rooms although I didn't test this out as I had my own data plan on my tablet. The lovely smelling fluffy towels were to die for and really made our one night stay special. A hairdryer, iron and ironing board can all be borrowed from the hotel as stated in the room info pack. Our bedroom door opened straight out onto the hotel's car park and the above rooms have metal staircases which I found to be quite noisy but don't let this put you off as there are some rooms in the main hotel building and it's probably wise to check at the time of booking.

Bathroom
The bathroom wasn't huge but it did the job quite nicely. The bathroom toiletries was another lovely homely touch by the owners. The shower was very powerful and there was hot water in abundance. If you have any balance or mobility problems please be aware that there is quite a step up to get into the shower.

I would recommend The Winsford Lodge to my family and friends and I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you like a quieter room then maybe ask for one in the main hotel building at the time of booking away from the car park and any metal staircases.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked a night here pre carfest, lovely comfortable clean room, and a delicious freshly cooked breakfast the following morning. The owners were friendly and welcoming, would stay here again
Nice pub serving food down by the river

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The Winsford Lodge is a very clean, reasonably priced place to stay.

The staff are polite and helpful and were only too happy to accommodate my vegan diet at breakfast.

My only criticism? The walls are paper thin...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank WelshLiverBird
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I decided to book the Winsford Lodge for an overnight stay after reading TA reviews. I was not disappointed. The welcome from the owner was warm, the room was spacious and spotless and the bathroom facilities faultless. I had an excellent nights sleep and tucked into a full English breakfast freshly cooked by the owner in the morning. I will definitely recommend this accommodation to my work colleagues who travel on business.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business