All reviews cooked breakfast not hesitate to stay here again delamere forest excellent accommodation cooked to perfection place to stay early check nice breakfast comfortable beds chester zoo cheshire toiletries
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The owner's
The owner's are very warm and welcoming and even helped us to where pubs, supermarkets and amenities where.They even allowed us to bring back a bottle of wine to our room in the evening.

Breakfast
For breakfast there was a good choice of either a light breakfast or a full English cooked breakfast along with fruit juice, cereal, toast, tea and coffee. I had a full English myself, my food was served very quickly to our table in the morning, well cooked and nicely presented on the plate. Please be aware that your breakfast is not included within the price of your room, a light breakfast was £3.75 and A full English was £6.50.

Our room
Our room was a good size modern room and was extremely clean with plenty of tea, coffee and sugar on our hospitality tray with biscuits and a bottle of mineral water as well. The room information pack is nicely presented in a leather wallet and was very informed, it even had a small section on the local history. Free WiFi was also in the rooms although I didn't test this out as I had my own data plan on my tablet. The lovely smelling fluffy towels were to die for and really made our one night stay special. A hairdryer, iron and ironing board can all be borrowed from the hotel as stated in the room info pack. Our bedroom door opened straight out onto the hotel's car park and the above rooms have metal staircases which I found to be quite noisy but don't let this put you off as there are some rooms in the main hotel building and it's probably wise to check at the time of booking.

Bathroom
The bathroom wasn't huge but it did the job quite nicely. The bathroom toiletries was another lovely homely touch by the owners. The shower was very powerful and there was hot water in abundance. If you have any balance or mobility problems please be aware that there is quite a step up to get into the shower.

I would recommend The Winsford Lodge to my family and friends and I would stay here again in the future.

Room tip: If you like a quieter room then maybe ask for one in the main hotel building at the time of booking away from the car park and any metal staircases.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked a night here pre carfest, lovely comfortable clean room, and a delicious freshly cooked breakfast the following morning. The owners were friendly and welcoming, would stay here again
Nice pub serving food down by the river

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The Winsford Lodge is a very clean, reasonably priced place to stay.

The staff are polite and helpful and were only too happy to accommodate my vegan diet at breakfast.

My only criticism? The walls are paper thin...

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank WelshLiverBird
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I decided to book the Winsford Lodge for an overnight stay after reading TA reviews. I was not disappointed. The welcome from the owner was warm, the room was spacious and spotless and the bathroom facilities faultless. I had an excellent nights sleep and tucked into a full English breakfast freshly cooked by the owner in the morning. I will definitely recommend this accommodation to my work colleagues who travel on business.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We used it as a stopover on a trip from north to south. It provided everything we needed and more. Clean tidy spacious room with excellent shower. Welcoming hosts and a great breakfast-couldnt have asked for more at such a reasonable price.

Date of stay: June 2014