All reviews meal plan dive shop west end dive staff apple tv meal package full kitchen personalized service guest services romance package couples massage private island grocery store dive sites main island spent a week the entire staff
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas with our best friends and travel companions....they had been to Barefoot cay on a previous vacation....they kept telling us...you have got to come with us it's a great place.....well great is not the word I would use....how about AWESOME.....the grounds are absolutely gorgeous...walk out my door and onto the beach with the water just a few yards away...the staff was so friendly and accommodating. They truly catered to your every need and want. I have never seen a group of people work to fulfull your every need. The food was delicious and the chef's top notch....we only ate one meal away from the Cay restuarant and it was not even close to the quality of food....I also used their spa facility and the massage I received was equal to any that I have received at luxury hotels.... the only down fall to our trip was the weather....we went in the rainy season 10/2/10 and it did rain a bit....Thanks again to all the staff especially Paul for his mad dash back to the airport with my laptop (that I forgot in the van !!!)

See you again,
Don and Amy Coker

Reviewed 9 November 2010

We absolutely LOVED this place. We stayed in the Bungalow and it was so much more than anticipated. I loved that the bedroom faced the beach! It was so nice to see it in the morning. The service was top notch, I feel so bad for forgetting the lady's name, but she brought us our breakfast every morning and if we asked for anything, she'd either anticipated it, or went to get it for us. The only drawback is that it's about 20 minutes from West Bay and West End. Also, if you want to eat, EAT EARLY! The food is delicious, but the kitchen closes early. It was a nice touch to have been given the option to order right before though! :) Since we only have 4 thumbs between the both of us, we're giving Barefoot Cay 4 thumbs up!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Despite the rainy weather, which is typical this time of year, sun prevailed and the accommodations were perfect. With timely and friendly service from airport to villa, relaxation begins immediately. A welcome cocktail along with a tour of the cay, and answers to any questions, you will realize customer service is first and for most. The views of the caribbean are all around the cay, the food is the best on the island, and the diving is not to be missed. Thanks for the great time Barefoot Cay and Barefoot Divers!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

My husband and I traveled to Roatan at the end of September 2010. We stayed at Barefoot Cay. It was incredible! The people were so nice and helped us with whatever we needed.

When we arrived in Roatan (after 4 flights), our bags didn't arrive with us. After getting this straightened out at the airport, the Barefoot Cay shuttle took us to the hotel where a much needed welcome cocktail was awaiting us (Paul, our driver, was very nice and helpful). Mel and the rest of the staff were so sweet and helped us locate our luggage and get things straightened out with the airline. They also helped us find some shopping to buy some necessities to last us until our bags arrived the next day.

The food was great, too. They do make everything to order, so expect a bit of a wait. Relax and enjoy a cocktail and the appetizer. Everything tastes so good, so the wait is worth it. The staff is very friendly, the cooks even come out and say "hello" at times.

We stayed in a bungalow on the beach. Everything was wonderful! Very clean, no bugs (except for the sand fleas outside - cactus juice works great). They also have beach villas and the lofts above the dive shop that I am sure are just as nice. The pool is small, but it doesn't matter because the resort is small and quiet. It is the perfect size for this resort.

One more thing - We did the Discover Scuba class and loved it. Our instructor, Paul, was so patient with us. I was so nervous and he never made me feel out of place or too slow. We loved it so much that we plan to go back next year and do the entire certification. I also had a massage and a pedicure at their spa which was also great, too. No complaints!

All in all, Everything was perfect!

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Barefoot Caye exceeded our wants and needs as well as our expectations, which were very high based on previous reviews on Tripadvisor.

We were greeted at the airport by Paul and taken 15 minutes by van to the resort. We were met at the Caye with a drink and had a friendly tour of the Caye, the dive shop, and the points of interest on the resort.

We rented a one bedroom partial villa. One of two villas and two bungalows on the little island. We had a spacious air conditioned bedroom with large bathroom. Our living room opened to the sea, a patio with dining area, and we had a full kitchen with state of the art appliances. We were given a cell phone to use, with prepaid airtime. Flat screen TV and L'Occitane bath products were much appreciated.

We took the meal plan, and would take it again. Even though we did head into French Harbor one night to have dinner, the food at the resort was so wonderful and convenient that you really don't want to pass it up. Dareen makes a wonderful spread each night, but will alter the menu for you if anything doesn't appeal to your palate. Just let her know at lunch and she will make something special for you at dinner.

The property is immaculate, quiet, lush and well appointed. The staff bends over backwards to be friendly and helpful. The dive op is first rate. We really loved the flexibility of diving at three different times each day, and could sleep a little later and still make the boat for the 10:30 dive.

We did not touch our gear from the moment we arrived except when we were actually using it. The dive staff carried, set up, removed, and cleaned our gear each day. Fresh fruit and water were always available on the boats. The groups were small, an average of 6 divers, accompanied by two dive masters who were not only safety conscious, but went out of their way to find and point out the cool stuff. Never saw so many nudi's and seahorses on a dive trip before!

The resort draws in nice people and although we had plenty of privacy, we really enjoyed the other guests at meals and on the dive boat. No riff raff here. The bugs were eating my husband alive but seemed to leave me alone. I was more diligent with wearing the cactus juice the resort provided and I suspect he was more allergic to the bites. The resort does a great job of spraying and raking so most of the folks there seemed to have suffered minimal bite damage. They're tiny and don't eat much but they can itch like crazy. Bring your deet.

We are already planning our return, and suspect we will do so over and over again.
Thank you Barefoot Caye, for a most wonderful and restful vacation.