All reviewspastryshore divingboat captaindive campdive mastersummer campbeach housenon diversper dayfishnight divingbrion jamesdining halldive staffserved buffet stylerinse tanksdive shop
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Nice clean resort! Very nice staff! Average quality good and they are willing to accommodate any special needs. Older and very simple style resort with a big following. The dive boats and guide that I had for two weeks (Marco) were excellent. The diving is excellent. Lots of great critters, wrecks... the shark dive is not to be missed!!
My one BIG complaint is that is no pool!!! They definitely have the means and the space for even a simple pool. I have dove all over the world and nothing is more refreshing and relaxing after a dive than soaking in a pool and for that reason alone I will Never go back!!
I spent two weeks there and that was enough!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank divemasterscott
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

CoCo View Resort is the perfect dive operation, catering to the experienced diver and novice alike. The resort is perfectly set up for the diver with accessible dive lockers, unlimited shore diving, custom dive boats and two, two tank boat dives per day. The dive professionals are amazing, including the Divemasters, boat captains, tank operators and instructors. It is like a land based live aboard operation.

The resort is well run with comfortable rooms and good, plentiful meals served buffet style. I highly recommend CoCo View Resort for your Roatan dive vacation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I've been to Coco View resort a couple of times before this trip and always enjoy coming back. In fact, after I had settled in and was walking over to the dive lockers I had a feeling like I was home again. Coco View really can be like that for many, which is why you see so many return divers to the resort.

If you are looking to dive............A LOT, this is the place. If you are not a diver and think of opulence when you hear the word "resort," this is not the place. Although there are excursions that can be booked, there isn't a lot to do for non-divers. With that being said my mom and wife both enjoyed their time here and only took one excursion. They enjoyed the peace and beauty of the place, and loved the friendliness of the staff, as well as other guests not diving. Coming back from a night dive, you could hear them laughing and being rowdy (the bar makes wickedly strong drinks!) and enjoying themselves thoroughly.

Coco View has a great dive operation, typically running 4 to 6 boats at any time. The boat dives are not far, in fact most are within 5 to 10 minutes from the resort. Four of the boats have mid-hull entry ladders, which makes it easier to re-board the boat in rough waters. All the boat captains and DM's are really great, fun, and safety oriented. One of the DM's (Kirk) that has been at the resort for over a decade is now in charge of the dive operations, which is a definite plus. The operation focuses more on safety than ever before, and has implemented a couple new programs to insure safe diving practices.

The dive lockers and pier area are roomy and kept clean. There are plenty of separate rinse tanks for gear, wet suits, and camera equipment. Outdoor showers and drying lines are abundant as well as bathrooms.

At the pier area you will find Dockside Dive Center, which if you forget or lose anything on your trip, they'll get you set up. You can book PADI instruction through Dockside. I've encouraged a few people over the years to take a course with Patty, and they've always been happy they did. There is also a photo center, where Tim can help you out with anything you might need to keep shooting during your trip.

The dive locations are great, with a lot of variety. Mary's Place, Calvin's Crack, and Menagerie are a few of my favorites. The walls directly in front of the resort (commonly referred to as "the Front Yard", as well as the Prince Albert and plane wreck offer great diving from the shore. Most divers in our group got in 5 to 6 dives a day, which seems to be pretty typical. And yes you can night dive as much as you computer says you can.

Food is better now, although I really didn't complain in the past. It may not be fancy or aesthetically plated, but it's excellent tasting food that will get you refueled for more diving. The dining facility, bar, recreation room is a great place to hang out, talk with friends or make new ones, and share photos. The resort has hammocks, chairs and loungers all over the place (don't forget up above the dining room) so there's always a place to relax and enjoy the ocean breezes.

The rooms are always decent and almost all have their own hammock and Adirondack chairs. I believe all rooms have AC units and have a 5 gallon jug of water for your convenience. Again, this is not a fancy resort, and some of the furnishings may look a little dated or mismatched, but I think it's perfect for being on a island.

Bottom line is if you love to dive, Coco View should be a place you consider for your next get away.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bubuflu
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We just spent a week here. My husband is a diver and loved it. I do not dive and am glad I saw it but would not go back. Not enough to do. I read 6 books: 5 of which I brought with me anticipating some down time. The optional excursions never materialized because there were not enough people signed up. I think there were only 4 non divers in the resort. Food was good, accomodations were clean, nightly entertainment was appreciated. Bring bug repellant to ward off no seeums and sand fleas. No pool.

Room Tip: We had a cabana over the water. It caught a good breeze. It was spacious and has a private balcony with a hammock.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This will be my wife and myself 10th trip to CoCo View Resort. This trip is free (except air fare) as we are CoCoNut's and when you book 9 trips, your tenth trip is free. Been diving since 1966 and this is by far our favorite place to dive and just relax. Our last trip was in February 2018 for two weeks and I did 40 dives. Dive boats are the best in the Caribbean. The boat captains and dive masters are the best. I vary the "drop off" dives by 5 feet and they become completely different from the last one. The only issue we have is the Roatan Airport. It leaves a bit to be desired.

Room Tip: We always stay in the Over The Water rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple