For me this was a dismal hotel resort and a bit of a joke, but I can see how it might work for some. On the good side the surrounding water and reefs are beautiful and excellent snorkeling can be had just by walking over to the gazebo. There is also a nice swimming area and beach and the grounds are teaming with animals. The rooms and the food however and "institutional" at best. The staff is pleasant and somewhat indifferent. The whole place is run down and falling apart. There is no hot water and debris from either construction or demolition (hard to tell which) is abundant all over the grounds. Limited wi-fi is available in the lobby only. The buffet will keep you from starving and won't make you sick, but it is on par with what you might expect at a school cafeteria.
If a roof over your head, a full belly and a pretty nice bit of coast line are all you need, this will work. If you like things like hot water, fresh towels, attentive service, interesting or fresh food etc. then pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan