Fantasy Island Beach Resort
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$ 101
US$ 97
US$ 256
US$ 248
Barefoot Cay Resort(French Harbour)
US$ 224
US$ 217
French Point Resort(French Harbour)
US$ 223
US$ 216
US$ 298
US$ 271
Hotwire.com
US$ 176
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 155
US$ 150
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
US$ 74
Blue Bahia Resort(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 140
1,006 results
All reviewsfishstar resortwest endthree starwhite faced monkeysguinea pigsfriendly monkeysbeefhenry morganmain beachfrench friescoral reefbuffet styleevery mealsoupsnight divevisit roatan
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My husband and I wanted a simple and relaxing snorkeling vacation. We spent 10 days at Fantasy Island in July. Check-in was fast and easy and one of the many friendly staff members showed us to our room. The room was basic, but very large with tiled floor, great a/c, large flat screen TV with many channels in English and Spanish, hair dryer in the bathroom, a safe, fridge and a nice balcony with a hammock. The room was cleaned daily by a very nice young man who made a different towel animal for us each day. Food was served buffet style with plenty of options. We enjoyed the meals and the wait staff were very helpful and friendly. Many drink options at the bar and the bartenders were wonderful, especially Wendy. The beach was beautiful and the snorkeling was incredible. We snorkeled for hours and hours every day. We saw an incredible amount of fish, sting rays, huge lobsters, squid, conch shells... I could go on and on about the snorkeling and I took hundreds of underwater videos. We booked an excursion right from the resort and our delightful tour guide, Charline, showed us all around Roatan. The staff at the resort are very friendly and work very hard. Renovations and upgrades were being made continuously. No, this is not an upscale or fancy resort and we knew this prior to booking. We had a fabulous, relaxing vacation and next time, we will stay longer.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My husband and I purchased day passes for the resort ($100 for the two of us,excluding transportation from the port). The passes were all inclusive (lunch and drinks). I choose this resort due to beautiful photos of the beach and snorkeling from their gazebo. Upon our arrival we paid our fee in cash. The young receptionist said we needed wrist bands but she didn't have any. She said they would be brought to us on the beach. After 45 minutes of swimming I went to the bar for some drinks and was refused because I didn't have a wrist band. I returned to the front desk to ask for the bands. A different staff member was present and stated he had no record of our arrival or of our payment. I described the girl who took our money and the staff stated she had already left for the day. I requested to see the manager and ended up speaking with several young staff- none of whom appeared to be the manager. The whole situation was very shady. After explaining our situation to numerous young staff members they said it was "ok" to stay. I returned to the bar get a drink and received a rude "I'm not open yet". She agreed to provide us with some water. I again returned to the bar at "opening time" and asked for a pina colada. The bartender provided me with the drink and said there was a charge. I was stunned and, once again, explained our day pass and what it included. The bartender then stated only certain drinks are included in the day pass. The staff put out "snacks" by the bar which were a slice of cheese between pieces of white bread. By lunch time I was so disgusted by the confusion and hassle that I just went upstairs to the lunch buffet for some fruit. No surprise that more staff (many teenagers just hanging out) again questioned me (or interrogation is more like it) about my day pass. I gave up and went back to the beach. While the beach is beautiful, the facilities are very old, dirty and management/organization was non existent. There are many other options for resort day passes on Roatan.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank csacks2016
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Horrible "resort". Please whatever you do, do not stay at this hotel. You will regret it. My family and I came for a vacation and now we feel like we need another vacation from this vacation we had anticipated. There are so many things wrong with this "resort". To begin with the very first day we got here, my cousins son got injured in the pool. It was so bad he has to be taken to the hospital. Not to mention it seems like they literally dump gallons of Clorox in the pool so much that my brothers brand new swim suit was completely faded after one day.
Also upon arrival, there is no one to greet you and they also don't have anyone to take your luggage to your room. They didn't even have someone to show us the room. They asked the cleaning lady to show us the way.
If you are like us, having gone to multiple all inclusive resorts you have expectations, this "all inclusive resort" only provides you with 6 options of food and only 2 types of desserts. They were always late when serving the meals. They also limit you in drinks in this so called all inclusive resort. We were a group of 8 people. We had gone to get 6 drinks for everyone and kindly for one more and the bartender refused to give it to us.
Every employee at this resort has the same horrible attitude that makes you wonder who even owns this establishment. From the moment you enter the front gate it seems like the last time they cleaned up the place was years ago.
Excursions were also extremely difficult to book here. We had our hopes up on going to cayos cochinos and the lady there said they only go there on Tuesdays and Wednesday. Not to mention she said it would be $200 usd per person while the paper on the desk said $180.
Also the day before we left the roof started leaking in our room. When checking out the front desk didn't even bother to say thank you for coming or anything polite for that matter. Absolutely horrible. The list can go on and on. Please whatever you do, do not stay at this resort. Even if you have already booked your stay here, it would be better if you lose the money and go book your stay somewhere else. This place makes you wish you never even came to roatan.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Bottom line, come here if you want great diving and snorkeling and are not worried about being at a fancy resort, because this isn't fancy but the staff tries really hard to help you out!

Big, basic room, nice balcony but no chairs to sit on and the chairs in the room were cloth covered dining chairs so didn't risk taking them out in the humidity. All rooms enter off a wooden walkway on one side and the balcony on the other with an ocean view but no access. AC worked great. They were remodeling rooms (at 6:45 in the morning!) while I was there and I think my room was remodeled because the bathroom was really nice, big, tiled and nice. In the main room the laminate flooring was warped and prevented the bathroom door from opening all the way and there were big gaps between planks.

Wi-Fi is only available in the lounge and in a very small space, you'll see lots of people crammed onto the sofas and chairs to be in range. Go sit on the deck or in the pool-table area and no go, phone coverage is fine for calls and texts if you have t-moble but hot spot was hard to run on 3g network.

Room was quite functional with lots of room, 2 beds, modern safe and closet, a small flat screen TV with lots of English and Spanish channels and a good working fridge that they left a pitcher of water in when they cleaned the room...

Great snorkeling and diving (see different review) here. Wonderful beach and a small pool if you like pools instead of the ocean. Although "All Inclusive" food is served for 2 or 2.5 hours at each mealtime, a small snack at 4:30, which is gone at 4:40, is on a tray at the bar. Food was fine, enough of a variety, including a salad bar with a local flair each day. You won't starve and the servers are very accommodating and more than willing to practice their English even when you speak Spanish with them. House drinks are from a set menu, you pay extra for local or exotic beer, Strohs was the "all inclusive" beer, no drafts-cans. Sweet rum and vodka drinks/punches and NO Mojitjas!

There are 2 wings, was close to the Gazebo for shore diving but a good ways from the scuba shop, plan accordingly. A popular destination for mainland Hondurans which added a local feel to an otherwise remote resort. You are not within walking distance to anything except some cows and jungle. Excursions are easily arranged through the hotel but taxis to West end are 30-40-$us. Cheap 6$ fee to the airport.

There is a resident Duck, Peacock and 3 monkeys (be careful with these little thieves though!!)

Room Tip: For scuba ask for a room on teh west wing
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank beachfeetSoCal
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This resort is in bad need of an update and they offer very little to choose from in regards to food. Your all inclusive beer will be strohs in a can and the rooms are about as basic as I have ever seen. The beach and water are beautiful and it is a quiet spot to relax and swim. Unless you just want to dive, snorkel or enjoy a quiet beach all day, stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple