“Great Desserts”
Review of Sweet Diner

Sweet Diner
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 25
Description: A unique dining experience where your taste buds are pushed to the limit. Home of the original Freak Shake.
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

They have amazing desserts. Not tried the burgers yet but they do look good. The staff are friendly and helpful. The waffles are really soft & fresh. Event after 15-20 minutes. Highly Recommended. After you pay the bill you have a whole lot of different lollies to choose from at the door.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I never like to leave bad reviews however i'm still in shock at the awful experience yesterday. Me & my friends arrived at 9.35 & got told the wait was 45 minutes but there was no space inside to wait & to come back. We waited 55 minutes & came back at 10.30. Only to be told it would be another 20 minutes. This time we went in at 11pm. We finally got seated. The table & booth had clearly been wiped with a sticky cloth. All the material from my coat stuck to both. There was also somebody else's old food bone on the bench with me. Ugh. After ordering at around 11.10, we were told our food would take 15 minutes. Low & behold it arrived at 11.50. By this time we were starving as we had come from Bolton so hoped all the wait would be worth it. My chicken steak wasn't cooked properly & was watery. The peppercorn sauce tasted nothing like it should & looked more like dirty dishwater, nasty. They forgot my friends side order of mash, which by the way tasted like somebody dropped a full tub of salt in! & by the time we got the bill, bearing in mind the food definitely wasn't cheap with the things we ordered. It was gone 12.30. Absolutely ridiculous. Never in my life have I had to experience 3 hours at a restaurant. & a really badly run one too. No compassion, no apologies, no check up to ask if the food was okay. Very very disappointed & annoyed!

2  Thank Sawdah B
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends decided we wanted to go out for a meal and we came across sweet diner on instagram and decided it was where we wanted to go. The place looks good, the food was good abit overpriced though. However the service is dismal. Nobody checked up on us whilst all the waiters were either outside or all standing next to slush machines talking away. Seems like staff are all friends more they co workers. If service was sorted out, this place could’ve been a great experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

It’s a very unique halal place to go out to dine. It has a rustic retro look.
It has a mix of contemporary meets old, it’s a fantastic vibe.
The food was amazing, the waiters were very attentive to our needs and ensured the food was catered to our needs.
I am the most fussy eater out of all my friends and if it could surpass my expectations then that’s saying something.
To make you feel like a child again, you get a free lollipop at the end where you can choose from an array of choice on your way out.
It’s become a firm favourite.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I dont usually write bad reviews, but it was 10pm and I had just came back from the cinema and fancied a milkshake to take away on the way home and drove to the sweet diner. I got served at the bar and it took 30 minutes to make! and we were the only ones getting take away too. Half way through waiting my other half ordered a two scoop ice cream costing £5! ridiculous pricing. Everybody was just stood about or the girls were just messing about and clearly hired for their looks, all while one girl does all the work for all the orders for take out and the resturant orders. We finally got the milkshake and ice cream but it was 2 individual small ice cream scoops on 3 small dry cones? the kind you would give a small child and not a two scoop ice cream pile on a big cone. Wont be coming again.

Date of visit: March 2018