“Average & a bit pricey”
Review of Sweet Diner

Sweet Diner
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 27
Description: A unique dining experience where your taste buds are pushed to the limit. Home of the original Freak Shake.
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Went earlier today. It's an old pub turned diner. We had the mixed grill starter & a couple of burgers. The burgers (which don't come with fries) were average (sloppy joe & Kashmiri zing). The mincemeat was too dry & the patties were stodgy. The mint sauce was too sweet & the chilli sauce tasted like it was shop bought. The sweet potato fries were overdone. Service was a bit slow despite it being pretty quiet.

Maria N, Owner at Sweet Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

It’s unfortunate our food was not to your taste. Sorry about the slow service, we are working on making it better.

Sweet Diner x

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service.. it’s a nice place to go for good quality food and service.. staff and management are really friendly.. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a big fat juicy burger and deserts. For anyone who likes a spicy burger like I do have the Kasmiri Zing burger and a crunchy Cornflake Tart with hot custard for desert :)

Maria N, Owner at Sweet Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Outstanding food with a relatively cheap price however customer service in this establishment has been the worst I have ever experienced! My cousin and I was greeted quickly by a gentlemen on arrival but when ordering our food with the waitress/cashier (Kate, I think), we wasn't greeted in a pleasant manner - body language, tone of voice, facial expressions all showed that she didn't want us to be there and that she wasn't happy within her working environment. From the same young lady, we didn't even hear a "please" or "thank you," being polite and courteous is one of the basic transferable skills all individuals should have when working in the customer service sector, this girl clearly had no manners at all - which suggests that your staff need training as they don't know the basics! To top this off, I believe Kate and another one of her female colleagues were swearing amongst themselves in conversation (not work related at all, mainly focused on talking about their personal life instead of keeping an eye on customers) which could be heard by myself and other customers - this is not the type of language you want to hear when you're dining out, it is utterly disgusting, inappropriate and highly unprofessional. Not to mention, Kate was on her phone a majority of the time... Where is the customers service?! It's literally non-existing in this place!!! The two young teenaged girls working here definitely know how to make customers feel uncomfortable and unwelcome for a first time visit! Lastly, we asked to speak to a manager 5 times, the girls avoided this and started being very rude. After this we decided that enough was enough. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour in a workplace, I've never experienced something so awful. I wouldn't recommend this establishment to my friends or family, and I would absolutely ensure that they avoid it at all costs. Absolutely disgusting!!!

Maria N, Owner at Sweet Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

We are saddened to hear you had such a disappointing experience. I assure you that the staff will be having a customer service training very soon. I can only apologise for what you witnessed and the way you were treated. I do hope that you can give us a second chance to see the goodness that we can offer. It’s unfortunate that you were unable to be pointed in the right direction to speak to a manager because the situation could have been dealt with personally at the time.

We would love for you to give us another chance so next time you come in show us your review and we will give you a milkshake on the house with your meal.

Sweet Diner x

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve visited here a few times now and everything about it is great! The food is great and the desserts and milkshakes are literally mouth watering!
It’s also a great place for older kids as they have a PlayStation and big screen upstairs and pool tables! I love it and will keep returning!

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you have a sweet tooth then you need to be coming here! we came in just for the shakes and boy are they good! they are like a meal I'm themselves and unbelievably impressive when you are presented with them!

The pricing is just right, and the food which was coming out of the kitchen looked very tasty.

If you haven't been here before then you need to! although i think it is one of them places that you can only visit every couple of months for a chocolate fix! i would hate to over do it, and ruin it for myself.

We suggest trying out our food menu next time you’re in!