“Better than previous reviewers led us to expect...”
Review of Sandbar

Sandbar
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Praa Sands
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxed beach bar/restaurant set right on Praa Sands beach with fabulous views from our bar, restaurant and large patio. Serving a variety of mainly English food with a Mediterranean twist, and a good range of beers, wines, teas and coffees. We are child and dog (on a lead please!) Friendly, serve food all day, and have a very popular Sunday Lunchtime Carvery with live music. We also cater for Wedding receptions and other private parties in our beachside lounge area.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

After reading earlier comments about Sandbar at Praa Sands we were hesitant at visiting but needs must when walking and your nearby... Anyhow, pleasantly surprised by lack of dog smell (although 3 or 4 were present) I often prefer dogs to humans but they refrain from posting reviews for some reason? The décor seemed ok ... and we had a nearby table full of surfers who turn into comedians when out of water ...entertainment !! Service was efficient and friendly and the food was fine - not gourmet but really tasty and good. Drinks are too expensive and because of this we left after meal and accompanying drink (Cider / Coke / Lager) more reasonable priced drinks might get people in and create a buzz / atmosphere?? Try it Sandbar - I've seen it work ( might also keep the barman off his mobile for a bit )... nice place - lots of potential.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

When you eventually get served make sure you have plenty of money prices are extortionate, it’s grubby and no entertainment. Avoid as you are missing nothing.

2  Thank MAGT_9
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going here every year. Unlike what other writers say, it has not gone downhill and it is still a friendly pub with some of the best views around, of the beach and sea. It has a great outdoor terrace with good views and a very relaxed atmosphere. There is free customer parking for about 16 cars.

The 4* instead of 5 is because the menu has a very limited choice really, a wider choice would easily get it 5*.

A great pub overall and fun to visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We popped in here for a hot chocolate on a cold day after a beach walk with our dogs. It’s a little while since I’ve been in and to be honest, I couldn’t believe how tired the place looked. Everywhere looked like it was dull and needed a good clean to get the sparkle back. It just felt so uninviting. Although it’s dog friendly, instead of just allowing dogs in discreetly, the place smelled quite strong of dog odour. Its such a shame as it’s got one of the most amazing beachtop positions and could so easily be a great place once again. I do have to say that the hot chocolate was one of the best I’ve had. At the moment, I wouldn’t rush back and certainly don’t fancy eating here. I look forward to hearing there has been some real improvements and I will return.

2  Thank tremearne
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This place has views to die for, I came years ago and I must say they can’t have spent any money on the interior, it looked shabby and tired. The food is pretty reasonable but isn’t really up to scratch for the price, came out incredibly quick.. it was very busy - I expected a wait. I’d say not cooked fresh. It’s ok, I wouldn’t rush back
There’s a small free car park and two right next to it that are private and you have to pay for. They must get a revamp and a toilet cleaner, they were disgusting

1  Thank Paul K