“Incredible hidden gem of a restaurant!”
Review of Villa Deveena

Villa Deveena
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Playa Negra
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Simpley spectacular meal! The best surf and turf of my life with a spot on steak au poivre. Service was spectacular, I could not have imagined such a luxurious experience would be tucked away in little unassuming Playa Negra.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Definitely the best meals in 4 week around Costa Rica, and can compete with many good restaurants around the world. A great find in a quiet and relaxed corner of the country, just minutes away froth wonderful Playa Negra. Sophisticated food, great friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere. We are here for 5 nights, already ate there twice and once again tomorrow. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

This restaurant came highly recommended, and with good reason. I've made two trips there this month. The family who runs it are delightful, the ambience is classy yet homey. The service is second to none. Now, about the food...as the gentleman sitting near me at the bar kept repeating"Wow". Duck pate fois gras with black truffles was terrific and filling, but I couldn't stop there. Lobster risotto was the special that night. Absolutely one of the best dinners of my life. On the second visit I had the special again. This time it was a whole grilled lobster with baby veggies and potatoes au gratin. Fabulous! I'll be back for my birthday!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant at 6pm on a weeknight with 4 adults and 5 children. Food was excellent and staff were super friendly and accommodating. Wonderfully run restaurant. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We were referred to this restaurant by some friends. Wow, what an unexpected surprise. The food was amazing and the service spot on. Wish we were in town longer to visit again, we will be back to visit during our next trip.