“A change of pace”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master bedroom
Second bedroom
Master bedroom
View from master bedroom window
Just as the sun goes down in the garden
Views to York Minster
Winter views from the lounge window
York Minster
Burnley Hall Gardens, Pocklington
Beverley Minster
Howden Minster
A summer evening at the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Eddie-Hay...
“A change of pace”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst working locally, I normally just book myself in to a chain hotel but this popped up, and after looking at the pictures I thought it worth a punt .

I was not disappointed, the master bedroom has a very comfy and plush brass bed with views over fields. I didn't require the use of the other bed room but found it to be well appointed, I must say after reading the last review, I did have a look at the radiator in there (hope you don't mind John and Lorraine), i can't imagine how it "fell off".

The rest of the cottage is well thought out apart from, I was left feeling around for the light switch in the hall and kitchen as they are not adjacent to the doors, I did get used to this though.

I'm sorry to say I did not spend much time there at all due to being at work all day, I mainly used the kitchen and sat in front of the fire at night doing e-mails.

The owners were very kind in leaving some treats for me to enjoy on my arrival and were very helpful in accommodating me at short notice.

I would like to visit again with my partner and really live the good life in the country, maybe in the summer though.

Quiet and secluded with a touch of luxury, perfect after a long day on site.

1 Mar 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our cottage, and the kind comments you made are very much apreciated.
we hope you will stay again if you are in the area!

tmi201
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Location location location”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A wonderful stay over the Christmas period in a lovely cottage, the location is perfect for anyone wanting piece, quiet and tranquility. The cottage was surprisingly well equipped, with the exception of a very small freezer, which whilst slightly troublesome, was a small price to pay for an otherwise perfect stay. The welcome pack was very thoughtful and kind of John and Lorraine. We have booked again for this Christmas and are looking forward to it greatly.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Jan 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we really apreciate it. I will see if we can help out and get you a bigger freezer for next Christmas. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Mattsmith...
Southport, United Kingdom
“Clean and cosy, lovely quiet location”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Booked for three nights in November, cottage was easy to find thanks to the directions emailed from the owner. We were pleasantly surprised at the cottage, it was clean and well equipped, lovely and warm and the bed very cosy. Would definitely stay again if visiting York.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
14 Jan 2014
Thank you for you kindness. We apreciate your time and comments. We hope to see you again if you are planning on visiting York again.
yvonne s
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“lovely”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

lovely cottage would love to visit here again everything you need easy reach to visit York ,really nice and cosy would recommend this cottage to my family and friends thankyou for letting us stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfy beds cosy log fire
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Oct 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in York and at the cottage. We apreciate your kind comments, and would love to welcome your family at the cottage in the future months.
Angela H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A very welcoming,cosy and comfortable cottage. Great scenery and ideally placed for travelling to various locations. Welcome pack was very gratefully received and the dog knew he was on holiday when he saw the size of the Bonio dog biscuits!
Beds were very comfortable and was very tempted to make off with the bed linen, which I fell in love with!!
Friendly fowl next door, didn't make much of a noise but did greet you when you arrived and left the cottage.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and I am very tempted to book again next year as there is still a lot to see.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Oct 2013
Thank you for your kind words, it really is good to know that people are happy with the cottage. It makes is all worth the hard work.

Thanks again
John and Lorraine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing