Capital View Hotel
  • Restaurant
Oyinka Hotel(Koforidua)
Baca Guesthouse(Koforidua)
Jumia Travel
All reviewscapital viewexcellent customer servicehot watercomfortfacilities
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

When you are welcomed the way I was it is very important to acknowledge and be grateful! Immediately upon arrival i spotted a woman with impressive command presence. I merely looked out the window of my car and knew this woman meant business! I later came to learn that Nana was the HR manager.

But not without the grace of Chris from the restaurant. And although he is just 6 months new to Capital View he has 4 yrs of hospitality experience that wears on him like a fine suite! He was hands down the most professional waiter in the entire hotel! Very polished young man. I thank you for your eloquent service.

I was looking to but material before departing K-Dua when he introduced me to Nana. Saying that she would be more than willing to guide me directly to the shop. I'm thankful for her flexibility and kindness.

Outside of the excellent customer service received by Chris, Nana, and Adwoa the facilities were not bad. A little older and I'm not sure they had an elevator for handicap accessibility. I didn't like the time constraints on the pool making it very difficult to swim with conference hours we had. The gym is always packed. But it is fully equipped as well. As long as you can find space, you will enjoy working out with a very large group of men and women. That was incredibly motivating for me.

I had significant issues with having hot water long enough to enjoy a shower. And the lighting in the rooms are terrible. The internet will annoy you and is not available in all spaces through hotel, like Bobbery Room, the gym, and hard to keep connectivity on the 3rd flr.

Upon departure i was given the same excellent service by Adwoa. She ensured I had all my receipts and triple checked everything.

You will enjoy your stay despite the areas that need improvement. I hope I get to meet these wonderful people again in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Bit ugly, but most things worked, apart from strange noises in the night which kept me awake. They came from a machine outside, and the window security meant I couldn't get to whatever it was !
Apart from that, it's functional if you need to stay in the area !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Unfortunately they don't accept credit cards as advertised.

Hotel is a little overpriced and a bit shabby. Towels had brown stains and there were large cracks in the external doors allowing mosquitos to enter the bedroom. Breakfast was decidedly average.

Restaurant had mice and was over priced. Barman was a little abrupt.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kolphi
Reviewed 28 September 2016

despite having a reservation our room was not ready. they temporarily put us in an executive suite where one AC did not work and the room smelled like urine. From 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm they gave us the key to another room which we never used. We did not want to stay the night at that point. When I returned the key they made us pay the full fee for one nights stay. No flexibility. The hotel manager was rude, unhelpful and said 'the front desk would deal with us". and then walked away. zero customer service or professionalism.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Leslie T
Reviewed 11 August 2016

You have to try the pizza here, it's the best pizza in Ghana I swear! The pool is very refreshing and clean. The drinks here are also really good. Not really the Ghana experience but it's a good break from the hustle and bustle of the town with a bit more home comforts for fellow Europeans/Americans

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo