All reviews first floor juice stay there again flamingos sheets
Reviewed 4 January 2017

This was our 3rd island on our island hopping trip to the Galapagos. This hotel had more of a corporate feel to it compared to our other 2 excellent places we stayed at in Santa Cruz and San Cristobal, where we had really personalized service. I booked a couple of day trips and the ferry trips to and from the island. It seemed kind of disorganized for the amount that we paid.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CozyClarke
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Just a short stroll away from the beach, a more quite and peaceful hotel next to a lagoon where you can spot flamingos.
The rooms are big with a/c and very comfy.
Wifi does not work very well in the room but who cares, you are in holidays and don't need the internet constantly!
The staff , Especially Magarita, is amazing, friendly, helpful , just lovely!
Had an amazing stay in this very nice hotel!

Ah ja, breakfast is good too! :)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We booked an 8 day Galapagos Island package at the last minute while we were in South America and as packages often go, we didn't choose the lodging so we were very fortunate to end up at Hotel La Laguna. Isabella is a pretty small town so we didn't know what to expect. We ended up being blown away by the impeccable service with a smile. Any request we had was met with eager to please attitude and quick response ( e.g., extra pillows, drinking water, late breakfast). Each time we returned to our room there is a full pitcher of filtered water to drink.
I mentioned to Margarita at the reception desk that my left ear was hurting when I went snorkeling at Kicker Rock so I had gotten back into the boat earlier than I would have liked to (the ear pain was due to the chilly water in August, which is their winter) and she recommended that I put cotton in my ear next time. Low and behold, the next day when we went out to snorkel again she had gone out and bought me cotton to use...problem solved. Thank you Margarita!!
The dining room is on the top floor of the building and makes for a lovely experience looking out at the lagoon with the pink Flamingos tittering away. Our chefs were amazingly talented with respect to the flavor and presentation. I only regret that I didn't take pics to add to this review. The soups were unique and delicious, and I'm not usually a big soup eater. Each meal that we enjoyed there included soup or an appetizer, a wonderful entree and a dessert. My ONLY criticism would be that there was too much food and we often couldn't finish it all.
Our rooms were immaculate, accommodations were simple but very adequate and we had a great balcony overlooking the lagoon. We were so busy with outings that we never did get a chance to use the hot tub up on the roof.
Some of the other hotels had views of the ocean but we wouldn't trade them for Hotel La Laguna!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We were delighted by the time we spent at La Laguna. The staff was extraordinary, especially Margarita at the front desk. The chef also did an amazing job being creative and adapting to my vegetarian requests. The facility itself is recently renovated and everything worked well. Being centrally located and adjacent to a flamingo pond were additional pluses. There is an outdoor lounge and rooftop terrace and satellite TV in the dining room. There are likely other places as nice but probably not for the price.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have good views of the flamingoes.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

First class reception from Margarita! So welcoming excellent English and bonus . This is a gem of a hotel with wonderful places to watch the sunset and handy to everything. Modern and clean with good meals and beer available.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple