All reviews bubble bar ao yai beach good size place to stay cleaned daily main building per night tourists anton wifi island accommodation waves surfing motorbike vibe heaven
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at phayam lodge in the off season! The Bungalow was super nice and everything was really clean!! Krister and Ing were very lovely and welcoming :) They also have good surfboards for rent!! we would definitely stay there again!! highly recommended!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We booked a few nights here for when we first arrived on the island, thinking we'd likely move somewhere cheaper once we got our heads around the island; as it happened we didn't want to leave. Luckily we didn't as I got sick (nothing to do with Phayam Lodge or the food, I must add) and the aircon was a total godsend. As was the kind service, and having the room cleaned daily, with water bottles added to our fridge each day.

Phayam Lodge is certainly at the pricier end for Phayam, but if you like things spotlessly clean and of a standard that would be considered high anywhere in the world then it will be worth it for you. We saw maybe one ant in the bungalow in the 10+ days we were there. We started off in a large 3 bed bungalow at the back (that's all that was available) which, although lovely, wasn't right for the 2 of us and I felt sad not being able to see the sea, but if you have a larger family it would be perfect. When we were going to move elsewhere I spotted the first little bungalow right by the beach and coudn't stay anywhere else; then we could fall asleep to the sound of the sea and play in the sand right outside, and the view and everything was perfect.

The food is good, breakfast is fantastic, juices lovely; but the Thai food not the best I've had on the island. Everyone who works there is very kind, incredibly helpful and the service is impeccable.

It would be good if wifi worked in the bungalows, but really who needs the Internet when you're in such a lovely place.

Feel a bit bad about giving Phayam Lodge only 4 stars - the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is quite personal and probably more about me that the resort itself - it felt slightly lacking in a certain soulfulness - slightly TOO perfect and clean and a/c. I sometimes felt we could be anywhere in the world in a top resort and I wanted to feel more Thailand feelings.

The grounds around the bungalows could have been made a bit prettier too, with a bit more personality. Really I wish I could give it 4.5 stars, maybe 4.8 stars. It was very nearly perfect, and if you are squeamish about things like wildlife in your bathroom and like a comfortable a/c night's sleep then this is the place for you.

Room tip: the bungalows at the front by the beach have the best views by far. occasionally wifi worked inours, at the end of the bed!
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BettyFlorence
Reviewed 5 December 2015

There are many places to stay on Koh Phayam but this has to be one of the best. The beautiful bungalows are fully air conditioned 24 hours a day. It gets really hot so it's a blessing. There is no TV but that's great...all you have to do is beach walks, swimming, reading, conversation and relaxing. The people are lovely and the staff speak great English and are very attentive. We will be back.

Room tip: Do the premium bungalows near the beach front....
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzie O
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed fora week. The solid bungalows have AC and are spacious and clean. 8m from the beautiful Ao Yai beach. If you don't want to stay in a wooden shag as most of the accommodations are this is a good place to stay at a perfect location with stunning sunsets

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kumalo1977
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Ing and his husband are such nice persons! The rooms are european standard and very comfortable. The two sons of chris are very good surfing teachers. All the staff is very friendly and nice! The best stay in Thailand and i will come back for sure!!

Date of stay: October 2015