All reviews bubble bar ao yai beach good size place to stay main building cleaned daily per night tourists anton wifi island accommodation fridge waves motorbike surfing chill
Reviewed 5 December 2015

There are many places to stay on Koh Phayam but this has to be one of the best. The beautiful bungalows are fully air conditioned 24 hours a day. It gets really hot so it's a blessing. There is no TV but that's great...all you have to do is beach walks, swimming, reading, conversation and relaxing. The people are lovely and the staff speak great English and are very attentive. We will be back.

Room Tip: Do the premium bungalows near the beach front....
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzie O
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed fora week. The solid bungalows have AC and are spacious and clean. 8m from the beautiful Ao Yai beach. If you don't want to stay in a wooden shag as most of the accommodations are this is a good place to stay at a perfect location with stunning sunsets

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank kumalo1977
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Ing and his husband are such nice persons! The rooms are european standard and very comfortable. The two sons of chris are very good surfing teachers. All the staff is very friendly and nice! The best stay in Thailand and i will come back for sure!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2015

We stayed in the phayam lodge for 3 nights and we had a great time.The place is just wonderful and the hosts are so nice that is was very difficult to leave. Everything is brand new in the rooms, the beach is clean and the food is very tasty and the cocktails are great.
You have the choice for water activities or to lay down on a chair for the whole day, without beeing bored.
If you are looking for a peaceful paradise it is the place to go !!!
We highly recommend it

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2015

I write this review with some trepidation because both Ko Phayam itself and Phayam Lodge are so nice and so unspoiled that I don't want to do anything to threaten that. But, my family and I just enjoyed four brilliant days there and we feel that it would be wrong to deprive others of this chance. I just hope that those who do go to Ko Phayam and stay at Phayam Lodge understand that it is a special place. I don't think it would be a great spot for rowdy partiers or people desperate to save every last penny. But, for those who fancy a stay in an extremely well designed and well run accommodation ("resort" somehow doesn't seem like the right word here) and who appreciate beauty and quality, this place would be very hard to beat.

We decided to visit Ko Phayam recently as a "valedictory trip" before leaving Thailand after a few years of living there. We had been to the island once before and stayed in a different place. So we knew that this was the kind of island we wanted: still unspoiled, beautiful and great for kids. We wanted something a little nicer than where we stayed the previous time. After a lot of research and correspondence with Krister, the owner of Phayam Lodge (who was always prompt and accurate in his responses), we chose Phayam Lodge. Boy am I glad we did!

On arrival, we were met by a four-wheel trike of sorts that they arranged. When we pulled in at the lodge, we were greeted by a perfect sunset. We checked into one of the family houses and were amazed by house spacious, clean and well laid out it was. We headed down to the main building and chose a table right on the beach to eat dinner. There were met Ing, Krister's wife, who is the soul of kindness and hospitality.

The waitresses and other staff were all attentive and friendly. The food was very good and they had things to please both my wife and I and our children.

The beach was awesome. Great for children, because it is neither too shallow nor does it drop off too quickly, and there are no rocks. I'm a keen bodysurfer and I was delighted to see regular sets of nice ways rolling in, not big enough to scare my kids, and great for some nice rides.

The house was a sanctuary. I like a quiet place and it was beautifully quiet. We heard neither music nor neighbors. We only heard the sounds of the waves and jungle.

If we go back to Ko Phayam, this is where we will stay. Indeed, we really hope to go back. To sum up, my son announced about 100 times during our stay: "I want to stay here forever!"

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family