See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 December 2016

12/3-12/10 2016 - A group of friends gathered at Cayman Castle for the week for a birthday celebration and relaxation. The property was incredible - immaculate, private, stunning views. It was not too far a drive to Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point, and many stores including a liquor store with a very nice, extensive wine selection. A couple of restaurants were within short walking distance and all of the locals were incredibly gracious. We had a chef come in one night to cook for us and it was fabulous. The owner stopped by the day we arrived and he was very nice. Would love to go back again soon! Loved the property and loved the island!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We were a group of 10 adults, no kids who rented the castle to celebrate our mile stone birthdays. If you are looking to go off the grid this is the place for you. We were far from the hustle and bustle of seven mile beach. We spent nearly every day floating in the pool and enjoying the amazing water view. Other then scuba diving there is not much to do on the east end of the island - which was perfectly fine with us. The castle did not disappoint. It is equipped with everything you would need for a comfortable stay. It was very clean and is just as gorgeous in person as it appears in the pictures on vrbo.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisagee
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I just had to do this! Sounds like that bride was just angry things weren't perfect for her wedding day. All weddings have issues and problems especially when they are destination style. This person is going to have a difficult life for sure.

I was part of a group in 2012 that rented the Castle. It was one of the best trips with friends we've had together. There were a couple issues that came up but nothing that was going to spoil our time in this beautiful place. The owner, Jim, went above and beyond to help in any way he could. The place was clean and perfect for a group that want to spend time together.....that is why I am looking into it again for another group. It was one of the first places I thought of.

Personally, sounds like no one could make moon face happy! And there are some people in this world that are just like that!
Her review was one of many, most felt the way I did.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2015

My wife and I were married at the Cayman Castle on November 11, 2006. We have returned to both the Castle and the Guesthouse (next door) many times to celebrate our anniversary. While I have never met the owner (Jim) in person, I feel as if he is a friend. I have witnessed the improvements to both the Castle and the Guesthouse over the nine years since we were married on the adjoining beach. Whenever I email Jim he is always extremely responsive and very friendly. I am shocked by the review that states he "Ruined our wedding day due to greed" - I have never experienced any such issue with Jim. In fact he has always been very accommodating and generous.

With all of that said, the Castle Guesthouse was absolutely perfect for our one week get-a-way. The property is impeccably maintained. Each bedroom has a great large bathroom and the kitchen and living area are very well laid out. The pool and grounds are both just the right size for two couples and each are serviced at least once during your stay. I had the need to call the on-island property manager and she took care of my question that same day. I am not sure how this property could be any nicer or any better managed.

The East End of the Island is the ideal location for those who want to be away from the Island crowds. Yet, you are only a 45 minute drive back into Georgetown.

I cannot recommend the Castle and or the Guesthouse highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrl261
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I typically don't write reviews however due to the owners negligence and simple greed our fairytale wedding was ruined.
It rained several days prior to our arrival and the ceiling leaked all over the place and more importantly on the kitchen cooktop which was electric causing a very hazardous condition.
The ceiling was falling in so we knew that it had been leaking for quite sometime.
The owner actually emailed us on the day of our arrival stating that he had his crew mopping up the place before we got there!!
Instead of offering us another property he was hoping that the rain would stop and that we would be satisfied with staying in deplorable conditions.
After a couple of days he finally offered another home that was so outdated that we were offended that we would even suggest it. Only after we asked him about another property on his website did he send us to another home however here's the bait and switch.
Our agreement was to have our wedding onsite so we expected to have the same accommodations however, once we moved four families and a ton of groceries and spent all afternoon rescheduling our wedding to another day, which included having our caterer, decorator, hairstylist and all guest and attendees to move the wedding date and location.
We were floored we I received an email at 7am from Jim the owner of the Castle and realtor on the morning of our wedding stating that we could not have our wedding at the new property due to the owners policy!!! Really???
We rented a huge generator and moved the ceremony and reception to the pubic beach area making sure that we were in compliance.
We hired a cleaning crew to make sure that the house and the public beach were as if no event had every taken place and it was completely cleaned before 8am the following morning.
Here's the insult to injury.
Later that day we were served papers to vacate the premises and were evicted!!
That's right. Since Jim was so greedy to keep our money that we paid for a full week at his castle he evicted us and kept our full payment after only staying two nights at the only property that wasn't leaking!!
Jim is a terrible owner and businessman. Make sure you know what you're getting into before renting from this guy.
Too many pics to post

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
12  Thank moondogg
taxmuni, Manager at Cayman Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

WOW! THIS WILL BE A LONG RESPONSE! AMAZING STORY (It is just a story).

As manager and owner of this property; I feel I need to respond to this scathing and personally insulting review. Her review is so full of mis-truths and omissions that it is obvious her intent is to harm not only the Castle rentals; but anything associated with our rental company as well. We manage 60 properties and send out over 1,000 contracts annually. I have never had such a trouble-maker.

The facts are that she booked the 6BR Castle in May for a "small, intimate wedding" of 20 people maximum. I told her that I didn't want weddings, but she begged to have it there. I agreed. Her fiance owns two homes on the island and an empty lot...so they know the islands well and the laws on Grand Cayman. They posted this review in August after their attempts for a credit card challenge were denied.

The day before her arrival; it rained 3" and continued with a record rainfall for the next 5 days. The Castle roof top drain had become clogged and rainwater backed up around some doors on the third floor; leaking water into the second floor. THE DAY AFTER CHECK IN; I begged these folks (16 people) to leave the Castle and let me put them in 7BR Crystal Blue (the only home available that would fit them AND permit a wedding...but I also told them they could still have the wedding at the Castle beach free if they wanted). I REFUNDED THEIR ENTIRE CASTLE CHARGE the second day they were on island but they continued to stay there free for another day.

On the third day they finally found time to look at 7BR Crystal Cove, but refused to move (it had rained 15" by now...I had workers at the Castle cleaning and repairing the roof).... Lori (bride) refused to move there (beautiful home and very dry). Kept begging to be moved to a much more expensive 6BR home in Cayman Kai (where her 2 homes are located and where her guests were staying), but the Moon Kai owner had some maintenance in progress. I finally asked the owner and manager of 6BR Moon Kai if he could put them up for the last 4 days of their week. He agreed.

Everywhere on our website the 6BR Moon Kai listing PROHIBITS WEDDINGS on premises. When I moved them to Moon Kai; I charged them for the 4 days only (reminder they never paid anything for the Castle... I refunded them in full)... I told the husband via email and phone that they ABSOLUTELY could not have the wedding there.

Our on-island manager went over the day they moved in to check on them and make sure they were not setting up for a wedding. Once he left; they apparently had their on-island manager for their own homes (Mitzi Tomlinson) advise them that the Moon Kai owner could not prohibit them from having a wedding on the ( presumedly public) beach. They called their wedding planner and shifted the wedding to the beach behind the house... hired big tents, band, generator..etc. There is a noise ordinance in this Cayman Kai area after 10PM and the owner and ourselves received calls from neighbors. Next door neighbors sent photos of the tents and guests on Moon Kai's property.

The original contract they signed for the 7BR Castle stated that no events would be held at the property without prior written consent. Legally, they are bound to that contract for the substitute property as well. On advice of their local manager, they breached the contract...THEY HAD OVER 50 PEOPLE for this wedding (not the 20 they had agreed to) and those folks all traipsed (soaking wet) through Moon Kai owner's $6MM home to use the bathrooms, get out of the rain and enjoy the air-conditioning. The Moon Kai owner was furious as were we.

Our contract is clear; if you breach that term; there is eviction with no refund. We never had to legally evict them; we just asked them to leave and they did. No scene, no police. No embarrassment for them. These are just people who don't care about others.

In the end.. myself and my company charged her nothing for the 7BR Castle (they stayed there 3 days gratis...only one floor of 3 had leaks-- the 2BR guesthouse had none)...We offered to move them on day one....They misled our company by telling us the wedding had been moved to the Reef Resort; when in fact, they secretly told their wedding planner (who we know well and interviewed afterwards...as well as listened to their many voicemails from the wedding planners on the Castle message machine)...to move the wedding to a home they KNEW DIDN'T PERMIT WEDDINGS. Their own property manager (who also tried to book Moon Kai for her daughter's wedding in 2016) also KNEW that there were no weddings allowed there.

So how dare she go online and try to besmirch our company or our owner's homes with so many omitted facts and lies? Bridezillas will do what they need to do to get their way. Deceit, Lies and Lack of Consideration for other people or their property is not a way to start a life together.

Their credit card company has all the email threads and copies of contracts. They don't bellieve her, so I would ask you not to either.

Was she sad to have a rainy wedding? SURE. Should I charge her anything for the Castle with leaks? NO. We treated her as best as we could given the situation and had a wonderful home to put her in, but she wanted Moon Kai...and she , her husband and their own on-island friend/manager knew weddings weren't' permitted. They just didn't care.