“exceptional!”
Review of Quince Restaurant

Quince Restaurant
Ranked #1,310 of 3,129 Restaurants in Cape Town
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I hear that the Owner of The Lime Tree now own this place, tucked away by The Little Orchard Nursery. How come only 3 reviews? What a find! The most friendly and welcoming staff. Very airy inside tables and many outside tables. Great menu.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Robert W B
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 6 December 2020

The restaurant is well worth a visit. The food and service was outstanding and both Vegan and Vegetarian tastes were well catered for, The disability access was increidble and backed with a very good disability bathroom.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 27 October 2020

I had been hearing some good things about this tucked away restaurant at a non-descript nursery near Diep River (Little Orchard Nursery). Decided to visit with my wife for lunch. The menu seems very good with emphasis on lighter fresh items. We both went for the poke bowls (prawn for me, beef for her). Wow were we blown away by not only the presentation but also the size and most importantly the deluge of flavours. I had a 5 large prawns in my bowl and they were simply delicious in a sweet chilli type sauce. There was also kimchi, asian mushrooms, candied nuts, vegies, avo and lovely balls of coconut sticky rice. Yes, it was that big and worth the R160. Washed down with a zingy carrot, ginger, orange juice thingy. The other tables salads looked yummy and we overheard the gent next to us tell the waiter he loved his calamari. I'll absolutely be back to try that!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 9 October 2020

I was invited for a celebration lunch. Our first time at Quince which came highly recommended.
We made a reservation which I am sure was not noted anywhere. We were seated at a table at the back of the restaurant in a corner. The service was non-existent, we had to get up to check abut an order, our drinks took ages, and the waitress didn't bother to come back and ask if we wanted a dessert.
I must add the food is great but I was very disappointed in the overall attitude.

Date of visit: October 2020