Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews master suite indian architecture kitchen garden his team other guests vegetables grown every corner indian dishes swimming pool aravali hills the hotel manager the general manager lake pichola rajasthan chef cuisine lounging
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2021

My partner and I spent a magical few days at Bujera fort over Christmas. Currently living in Mumbai, we were looking for a getaway that would take the edge off spending it away from home in the UK. Richard, Shanti and their amazing team made us feel like we were with family for the whole stay.

The property itself is beautiful, and has been expertly curated by Richard - making the whole place feel personal, peaceful and comfortable wherever you look. The general manager Shakti is a gentlemen, and his charming team are a huge credit to him. Every detail was so considered, from the morning poolside yoga, to the mince pies and gingerbread men left in our room, to the Daylesford Christmas Pudding and complimentary Champagne. - surreal treats in the stunning Udaipur countryside.

A real highlight of our stay was the incredible Indian and Continental cuisine that Chef Jaswant and the kitchen cooked up every day, with ingredients sourced from Bujera’s local organic farm. Jaswant is an artist, his passion for his craft is irresistible - we were lucky enough to spend an hour with him learning to cook. I look forward to the cook book, the man is going places.

Thanks again for an unforgettable stay.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2021

Serendipity is another big win for Bujera Fort, a hotel and resort tucked behind a quaint village nestled at a foothills, a short distance away from the bustle of Udaipur. Bujera Fort’s tranquillity and elegance places it as an A-list presenter of Indian architecture, cuisine and hospitality. Tastefully decorated by its creator and owner, Mr. Richard Hanlon, Bujera Fort is beautiful and very unique.

We spent 4 very memorable days during the end of October 2021. The Master Suite was unexpectedly large, with a private balcony and, most impressively, 2 large bathrooms attached.

Chef Jaswant Singh and his team surprised us each meal with carefully selected continental and Indian dishes prepared mostly from their own kitchen garden.

Room tip: Master Suites are luxuriously large, 3-room cottage with private garden is quaint, and the standard rooms are also uniquely furnished.
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 1 March 2021

What a wonderful place to stay...Bujera fort has lovely vibes!!
We had booked the whole property for 2 nights and the entire team made our stay so special and comfortable with every detail meticulously taken care of. Richard, the owner was always around to make sure our stay was being most comfortable. Shaktisinghji, the hotel manager, was so warm and always up to a big smile and a yes for every demand we had. Jaswant, the cook and his team served us mouthwatering meals, esp every course was designed for us to suit everyones palette. The rooms, the over all ambience of the place has been personally monitored by Richard and his team. The detailing on every corner of the rooms, bathrooms, public areas, etc was mind blowing. Kudos to Team Bujera and we cannot wait to visit again sooon !!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

If you are planning to visit Udaipur you must stay at Bujera Fort. It is located in the Aravali hills near Lake Pichola. As soon as you arrive you know that you are in for an absolute treat. I was travelling alone and stayed at Bujera Fort soon after it had reopened following the Covid 19 lockdown. Richard and his team immediately made me feel at home. There were a small number of other guests staying and we quickly got to know each other over drinks and dinner that evening. The fortress was constructed fairly recently but you would imagine that it’s hundreds of years old until you realise that it’s been designed so well to ensure that everything you might want from a modern hotel is there. Richard and Trish have an absolute eye for detail. I spent my first morning simply wandering around and marvelling at the structures and decor which is an eclectic assortment from what must have been years of travel and collecting. I found myself phoning my wife in the UK and asking where I can purchase old artillery shells to make a lamp! The room was very large and the bed was wonderful and comfortable. I decided to use the giant marble bath and found myself so relaxed that I preferred that afternoon to simply lounge at the fortress instead of going out exploring the delights of Udaipur. The food is very tasty with vegetables grown on the fortress farm. Shati and his staff are very attentive. I enjoyed using the swimming pool and lounging in the glorious sunshine and with the place almost entirely to myself it was pure bliss! I was sad to leave and vowed that I would return for a longer trip.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2020

We came to this hotel on the recommendation of friends who had stayed there the previous year. Even though they gave us a glowing report, nothing could prepare us for quite how wonderful this hotel is.

Very sadly we arrived just when the Coronavirus was starting to impact tourism in India, so the hotel was quiet. Although we were very very sorry for the utterly charming owners, we were incredibly lucky to be upgraded to one of the two Master Suites, and were greeted on arrival by a member of staff who was clearly delighted for us that we would be staying in such a beautiful room that they were so obviously, and quite rightly, proud of. Richard, one of the proprietors, has the most exquisite interior design skills and instead of writing here a long string of gushing superlatives, I will attach some photos of the rooms, which are, like the hotel in general, a seamless blend of Indian influences and English country house.

Clearly anyone is delighted to be upgraded, but everything about the hotel was glorious: food was the best we had in India, and most definitely the best desserts. Much as I love Indian food it was fabulous to have the likes of banoffee pie and creme brûlée after an exquisitely cooked India meal, all using fresh produce from the hotel's kitchen garden. The chef is amazing!

Other thoughtful touches were complimentary afternoon tea and biscuits, a fabulous shop selling gorgeous clothing and gifts, and the fact that drinks and canapés are served each evening at a pre-dinner gathering of all the guests hosted by Richard and Trish, so that it really is like a country house party.

I'm sure it is lovely to stay at one of the upmarket hotels lakeside in Udaipur, but Bujera Fort has real soul and peace and tranquility. The personal touch that Richard, Trish and their attentive team give is worth much much more than just being a passing guest in a large hotel chain.

Room tip: Master Suite East or West
Date of stay: March 2020