Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
US$ 244
Expedia.comUS$ 244
eDreamsUS$ 244
TravelocityUS$ 244
Orbitz.comUS$ 244
Booking.comUS$ 244
CheapTicketsUS$ 244
All reviews drawing room english country house master suite complimentary afternoon tea a hot water bottle anglo indian short drive boutique hotel brain child vegetables grown christmas and new year home grown produce been there forever modern luxury upon arrival we were greeted dining table central courtyard
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2020

We came to this hotel on the recommendation of friends who had stayed there the previous year. Even though they gave us a glowing report, nothing could prepare us for quite how wonderful this hotel is.

Very sadly we arrived just when the Coronavirus was starting to impact tourism in India, so the hotel was quiet. Although we were very very sorry for the utterly charming owners, we were incredibly lucky to be upgraded to one of the two Master Suites, and were greeted on arrival by a member of staff who was clearly delighted for us that we would be staying in such a beautiful room that they were so obviously, and quite rightly, proud of. Richard, one of the proprietors, has the most exquisite interior design skills and instead of writing here a long string of gushing superlatives, I will attach some photos of the rooms, which are, like the hotel in general, a seamless blend of Indian influences and English country house.

Clearly anyone is delighted to be upgraded, but everything about the hotel was glorious: food was the best we had in India, and most definitely the best desserts. Much as I love Indian food it was fabulous to have the likes of banoffee pie and creme brûlée after an exquisitely cooked India meal, all using fresh produce from the hotel's kitchen garden. The chef is amazing!

Other thoughtful touches were complimentary afternoon tea and biscuits, a fabulous shop selling gorgeous clothing and gifts, and the fact that drinks and canapés are served each evening at a pre-dinner gathering of all the guests hosted by Richard and Trish, so that it really is like a country house party.

I'm sure it is lovely to stay at one of the upmarket hotels lakeside in Udaipur, but Bujera Fort has real soul and peace and tranquility. The personal touch that Richard, Trish and their attentive team give is worth much much more than just being a passing guest in a large hotel chain.

Room tip: Master Suite East or West
Reviewed 29 March 2020

Bujera Fort is not just a luxury hotel in Udaipur. It is so much more! An experience in itself.
Upon arrival we were greeted in the beautiful garden with a wonderful cup of tea, one of those magic moments and sunsets that will stay forever in my mind and heart.
The suite was absolutely fantastic, the marble room simply amazing. Richard showed us through the property. Works of art with beautiful taste.
Drinks around the fire, delicious dinner, the hot water bottle waiting for us in our bed. Every tiny detail. Friendly staff.
My favourite place in Udaipur.
Thanks!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Thank you Richard and Trish for a glorious and welcoming stay at Bujera Fort. It was just the grand finale to our trip that we were looking for, and a welcoming retreat from the hustle of Rajasthan (which was very much needed after our travels!)

The attention to detail throughout the property is remarkable, whilst the surrounding mountains and local countryside make for an ideal setting. (We'd recommend taking a morning walk through the local villages)
We were also very lucky to be upgraded to the Master Suite, which is absolutely beautiful and incredibly spacious.

The staff were all so accommodating, and the food delicious! We especially looked forward each evening to the canapes served with drinks in the garden under the stars. The head chef prepared dinner according to guest's preferences and what was available in from the garden; he then kindly shared some of his best recipes with us.
We'd like to mention a big thank you to Shakti, the General Manager who was especially helpful with our (very) early check in, and our chaotic last minute plans - he ensured everything was taken care of and seamlessly.

If you're looking for a somewhere extra special to stay whilst in India, then we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bujera Fort for a second!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

If only I could offer more than 5 stars here I would.

Bejura Fort is a luxurious and extremely well appointed hotel. A fortress of serenity close to the major attractions of Udaipur.

My room was large and comfortable. After days on the road touring India the quality of the bed was a fantastic surprise. I slept so well! (Pic of my room attached)

The cuisine on offer was delicious. I recommend the omelette for breakfast. Dinners were full of flavour and colour, I can’t speak highly enough of the meals (nor should I share how much I ate as a result)

The entire team at Bejura Fort were truly customer focussed, friendly and were motivated to make our stay a very positive experience.

Thank you one and all. I do hope I have the opportunity to return one day.

If you are thinking Udaipur, then think Bejura Fort for your accomodation - you won’t regret it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

Having completed our month travelling round India staying in many great places I can now say with certainty that Bujera Fort is the jewel in the crown. Not only were we looked after in every way possible but so was our driver. From the warm welcome to the superb accommodation in what looked like an ancient fort but felt like a welcoming country house. Attention to detail in every way. Breakfast with the best bread in India in the courtyard to drinks and canapés by the fire under the stars and superb dinner all made with either home grown or local ingredients on the terrace. Then tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle for cooler nights. Wonderful people, wonderful place, I can not recommend Bujera Fort highly enough.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple