Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$228
View deal
Priceline$228
Hotels.com$228
Booking.com$228
Travelocity$228
Orbitz.com$228
eDreams$228
All reviews master suite indian architecture kitchen garden his team every corner indian dishes the hotel manager the general manager rajasthan chef cuisine beauty shanti
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2018

My wife, son and I stayed in early August for 9 nights, 6 of which were spent as the only guests at the property!

Shakti kindly upgraded our room to one of the two really spectacular rooms on the first floor. The room was enormous, lovely balcony with lovely views, home baked shortbread replenished bis die sumendum, lovely bathrooms. Lovely ceiling (!). Lots of complimentary bottled water. Really lovely personal touches at every turn which are too many to list here but are a reflection of Richard.

Swimming pool was the perfect size and depth. LIbrary, drawing room, gardens all truly wonderful. Staff were lovely.

Yoga was excellent and highly recommended. Massage was as expected. As a person of Indian origin, I understand that Indian massage (malish) is actually the rubbing of oil into the skin and that's what my massage was. It wasn't a massage that I might get in a european or even far eastern spa, however, it was perfectly acceptable. The spa is really nicely laid out and airy. Top marks, again, Richard.

Food was excellent. We ate on site a lot and enjoyed the meals. The variety within Indian and continental options was good. Slices of lemon to squeeze on your fruit in the morning. Oh dear God. Take me back!! Jaswant made us delicious French toast one morning as well as a traditional Indian breakfast. Can't fault the food offering. However, I would humbly request that some further options be brought into the the take away lunch menu. Sandwiches were fine but got a bit repetitive. We preferred taking packed lunch when on outings for convenience and time saving and some further options would be good.

The cookery class was very enjoyable. Jaswant was happy to cook any dishes we chose and also made lassi at my request which was delicious!

Our son turned four while we were guests and truly, we were blown away by the celebrations that the whole team put on for him. Our son knew that he was being taken care of in a very special way and for us that is priceless and humbling. The staff and Richard had no obligation at all to do what they did but they did it with love and care that came across as being genuine to its core. Thank you from F&F to you all for this, we won't forget it.

It was such a treat to be the only guests for 6 days. Weather was fine for us. Not too hot, rained a few days and some sunny weather too. I prefer being somewhere like Bujera Fort at a quieter time of year than peak season, even if that means sacrificing more pleasant weather.

We were given lots of options for day trips we could go on and they were kindly arranged by Richard and Shakti. Richard arranged tickets for us to the 72nd Independence Day of India celebrations at the City Palace which was, again, an unexpected and totally extra thing that came our way with love. Thank you Richard for this. We recognise your generosity and are grateful for it.

Between Richard and Shakti there are enough options for places to visit and things to do to last 2 years so however long your trip is, they will undoubtedly have the perfect things to suit you.

Thank you everyone for a great stay and for your patience when the boy was playing up.

Next time it'll probably be just m'lady and I! So long and take care of yourselves and huge congrats on a wonderful wonderful property.

Room tip: Big or small, all rooms are classy and have a unique feel. Main thing is to enjoy the gardens, library, drawing room and the fabulous pool!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank FF0906
Reviewed 24 November 2018

Wonderful home, much more than a hotel ever could be, with great facilities, great food and a really welcoming feeling. The hotel is out of the town, so very peaceful and quiet, and has the feeling that you have rented the entire place just to yourself. Its really beautifully laid out (hardly surprising as Richard is an Interior designer) and has everything you need. The staff are very helpful, the food is excellent and the views over the wall and into the hills in the evening is spectacular. And of course, the owners are perfect hosts, checking on everything without being everpresent.

Plus of course, have a biscuit and Sadie and Jack, the two in house Labs come to play.

I would use this hotel again, without any doubt.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2018

A wonderful relaxing stay of almost a week. I was there to help celebrate a friends birthday. Not my first time in Udaipur, but my best time. I came away totally zen. Shakti and Richard were amazing and I just had to mention something I w\anted to do and hey sorted it out, from restaurants to hotels, to transport, to repairing glasses. The food was simple and good, the room I had was exceptionally comfortable and the decor throughout amazing - what a place - thanks Richard and team - I'll be back

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank froggychap
Reviewed 2 November 2018

From the second one arrives at Bujera Fort it is bliss, bliss, bliss all the way. We are met by Richard, the owner and builder and his wonderful staff. We walked through the 30 ft, one thousand year old wooden doors through the Elephant Gate to cold lemon juice and a vista of delight.
The most gorgeous garden, an open area with pavillions which sang to the soul. A come-in-at-once pool which glistened in the sunlight.
The next delight was our room - large, airy, cool, two gorgeous four poster beds laid with fine cotton sheets. Colourful curtains and chairs, desks, books, paintings. A marble bathroom, absolutely total bliss.
Lunch was totally scrumptious, as was dinner. The staff are just brilliant, the china English Spode, with silver teapots, silver flat ware. Nothing is too much trouble, every request acceded to with pleasure.
I love the drawing room and the library, what brilliant rooms. Outside our glorious room we had a lovely space filled with bookcases and down the stairs a dear little snug with comfortable arm chairs and a fireplace for winter. Everywhere there were paintings, textiles, beauty in every shape and form. There is a vegetable garden, an absolutely brilliant chef, a wonderful first floor from which to watch the sun set or rise. The pool is cool, comfortable and perfect. I could have stayed there forever. It is one of those places which will stay in the memory for a lifetime. I won't get to India again, but how I would love to go back to Bujira and spend a month there, it would certainly set me up for life. So if anyone is reading this review trying to make up your mind whether or not to go, my advice, book immediately, book for a week, you will not only never regret it, but your stay will be filled with joy. oh nearly forgot, there is a'shop' for wont of a better word which is filled with the most gorgeous goodies - could have bought everything there. Did i say the walls are a dusty pink and you feel as if you are in a true fort built centuries ago, (but with all mod cons, lots of lovely hot water, brilliant showers, deep baths, lovely toiletries. Perfect, perfect, perfect. And if you think this review is a little O.T.T. (over the top) just go and you will see that if anything I haven't praised it enough. A total joy.

1  Thank margaretanneh
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We travel to India every year and have decided to make Bujera our base for travelling round Rajahstan.
It's a wonderful hotel - so quiet with so many "hiding places"in the pretty garden or the library or the drawing room.
Rooms are exceedingly comfortable and service is extraordinarily good and helpful. With Richard Hanlon, the owner always there to help - as is his General Manager - Shakti.
One of the things we like about this hotel is that the staff are always there but are not always "in your face" and nothing is too much trouble for them.
All meals are excellent - everyone eats the same but you can ask for something different if the food is not to your liking, The chef is very accommodating.
Eggs any style for breakfast are a treat and if you are there for lunch you will be treated to an English or European specialty. Delicious.
The place is so well thought out and has so many beautiful decorative features - it's more like staying at a Country House with friends!
We will return in February.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends