34 people are viewing this hotel
US$ 465
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$ 465
Sanctuary Cap Cana
US$ 438
PricelineUS$ 465
Hotels.comUS$ 465
HurbUS$ 491
7,960 results
All reviews blue marlin love bar casa bella happy boy juanillo beach ocean bar taco truck castle pool wok restaurant sexy belly main pool room service our honeymoon all inclusive resort ocean view water aerobics walk in closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Great resort and great service! The resort is beautify and relaxing. Very easy to get to from the airport (15 min in cab). From the moment my wife and I arrived the service was exceptional. They accommodated our requests and we got to enjoying their amenities.

The food was exceptional, we actually regret not going to the buffet more as we wanted to try all of the restaurants they have on site. The room service was great and very responsive.

We had to leave early due to our own emergency and they happily accommodated us both with a quick complimentary covid test and rushed our results so we could leave in time to make it to the airport. They also followed up to make sure we were okay getting out!

I would highly recommend this resort to anybody looking to get away for a great relaxing vacation! Our only regret was not being able stay longer!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hairo Galindez, Ventas at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear jchong23

We would like to thank you for letting us know your thoughts following your stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana, we are always grateful to receive your opinions.

Please be sure that we will share your kind comments with all the Team, and recognize them for delivering a great experience to you.

The Management Sanctuary Cap Cana and all the staff always strive to offer the best possible quality of holidays and service and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us. We hope to see you again in our hotel, as your loyalty is of great importance to us.

Reviewed 3 September 2021

If you are looking to just enjoy time and relax with your love Sanctuary is the place to be, so peaceful and elegant. Just like the name Sanctuary is a quite place, The music was my only complain, I understand the theme of the resort but you are in Dominican Republic so I was expecting at least clássic merengue suck as Juan Luis Guerra, Jonny Ventira, fernandito Villalona. Due to Covid a few restaurants and the Lounge is closed but the entertainment Crew FIDO, SPICY, PINKY, THE MAGIC, COCA COLA, GASOLINA and HAPPY BOY make sure you have a good time, staff is AMAZING! They make sure you feel comfortable and if they do not have what you want they make it for you. The place is Super clean and taking all Covid related measurements. The spa is amazing, food and drinks are OK but let’s blame Covid. Another complain I have is about the manager of the entertainment and cleaning crew, ughhh He talks to the workers like they are his kids and have no respect for them he’s lucky he’s not my manager. My Butler Jesus… what an amazing experience with him, he made sure we had everything we needed and took care of the reservations for restaurants and spa for us. He reached out everyday or go find us to see if we needed anything.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 286rebecap,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent getaway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guests. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared them with our team.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

We have been to a few different all inclusive hotels before. But this one was the greatest ever . Definitely going back . We very much enjoyed it. The service all around was great. Our door was decorated as well as champagne and cake on a beautifully decorated plate celebrating my birthday!! The staff, the servers, the cooks, everybody was making sure that our stay was great . We are definitely going back . We do thank everyone specialty to Yaris who made my birthday surprise dinner very beautiful and a special cake was made for me, we thank them so much. We would like to mention our hostess Ana, Ginett, who made our arrival always very special. The breakfast team Elizabet,Glory , Felix, Rangers, Domingo. Jacobo at capriccio,restaurant, Randy at wok restaurant . Sanchez manager at wok was a great person. Wilkins at blue marlin restaurant was the greatest! Manager Rigoberto ,Bartender Carlos Luis.Franklyn at capriccio. We thank you .We will not forget the best group of hard working people who keep you entertained at all times !! No matter how hot it is .Fido , Spicy, Pinky , Juan , The Magic , Coca Cola ,gasolina , happy boy !! They work hard and their dedication is absolutely great . Keep it going .great job !!!!! Overall a great place with great food, good people, and great entertainment, highly recommended..

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offering truly remarkable experiences to our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hosts in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Arrival was smooth, was assisted by JT who welcomed us with a drink and made us feel like a VIP. We were then introduced to our butler, Narciso, who seemed nice enough. JT told us our room was ready and Narciso would take us after our tour. He gave us a tour of the pools and then told us the room was not ready and had us wait. After about 25 minutes, JT comes by again, confused, and said our room is ready and he would find Narciso. We waited another 10 minutes before I finally got up and asked what was going on and Narciso finally came out and said the room just became ready. Not a big deal, but we were tired, exhausted, and confused that our butler did not seem interested in being our butler.

We stayed in the King and Queen villa which was beautiful. I loved the room with the in ground tub but couldn't actually take a bath because the ceiling was open and people in the hotel could see you naked if they went on the balcony. I LOVE baths so that was a huge bummer for me. Our housekeeper (I believe her name was Rosanna) was SO incredibly sweet and gracious. Made us the most adorable towel animals and put flowers on our bed every day. I loved her so much I wanted to hug her!

My boyfriend and I laughed at how much our butler seemed to really dislike us...AND WE HAD NO IDEA WHY!! It became a huge joke in our trip. One day we tried to tip him $80 and reached out for him to come by and pick it up and he never showed/left us on read. So we tipped literally everyone else. later that day we ran into him at the castle pool and the interaction was just so awkward and he left almost immediately. He rarely checked in with us. I reserved a romantic dinner online before we arrived. Narciso said when we arrived he booked us a reservation for that night at that time. I assumed that was the one I actually booked but when we got to the dinner i realized it was just at the italian restaurant. It ended up getting added to my bill anyway at the end but i did get it taken off. i understand there was a miscommunication but it would have been nice for him to check first. he assured me when i arrived that he would take care of everything and i wouldn't have to think about anything but that turned out to not be the case.

I don't want this to be a total dog on him. When he did communicate with us, he was friendly enough. Just seemed uninterested. I'm genuinely not sure if we did something to offend him. We did not complain and tried to be as easygoing and friendly with him as possible, but there was just something very unwelcoming about his attitude towards us. I really wish that were not the case but it was really so bizarre I felt like i had to write about it.

However, there were a TON of other really friendly people that made up for him. Enrique was our absolute favorite waiter. He was so funny, so friendly, and my favorite person on the whole trip. He kept the mimosas rolling for me every morning and truly made us feel special. I wish he would have been our butler! I believe his name is Maurice, at the burger place was also super friendly. When Enrique was off, Oscar at brunch was another honorable mention who was extremely friendly and accomodating.

The massages were the absolute best I have EVER had. I was not expecting that at all. It was so good we had two spa days. The hydrotherapy experience was also incredible. Never have done anything like that before, and so bummed i will never find a place like that at home!

The entertainment staff were awesome, welcoming. i would have liked to do more activities but my boyfriend is very shy and doesn't like to participate in things like that. Mr. Spicy did SUCH a good job at getting him out of his shell that I was impressed he even got us to do the egg toss.

The food was very good, especially for an all inclusive! Even the simple vegetables with olive oil were very tasty. i was even surprised how yummy the pizza in sanctuary town was. I would say my favorite was the blue marlin or the italian!

all in all, it was a great trip. i'm not sure if i will return to DR as I much prefer other islands in the Caribbean but I do know that if I do, I will return to sanctuary again (however I will definitely specifically request a different butler!)

Dear 74bridgetd,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

I was delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to having the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2021

We just got back from our honeymoon. This resort was perfect!! First and foremost I want to brag about the entertainment! Spicy & Fido were the absolute best!! We had so much fun all day every day!! We never even left for other excursions because we were having such a great time there. I would never have expected the level of shows from a resort, top notch!! Circus show was amazing!! The food was great at every restaurant we tried, with the steak house being our favorite, try the salmon! Nyrobi was our favorite waiter! The resort overall was great, no complaints at all. We will absolutely be back!!! We love you Spicy!!!!!!!

Room tip: We stayed in a beach front junior suite, loved the patio & walking right out to the beach!
Date of stay: August 2021
Hairo Galindez, Ventas at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Dear booklover1456,

It is such a great pleasure that we read the comments on your recent stay at our dazzling Sanctuary Cap Cana. We would like to thank you for sharing such a lovely and amicable feedback, for us, it will be a pleasure to share your words with our team, especially with those you mentioned above.

We would like to be your host once again for your next vacation.