“Nothing to Like Here”

Casa Catano Food & Rum Therapy
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Catano
Reviewed 28 May 2021

The wait staff was surly, the food greasy, and the place was patrolled by bouncer thugs. We had tried to get into Don Tello's next door ( a very good place) but they had over an hour wait so we decided to try Casa Catano. They obviously were there to serve the Catano locals only and certainly did not like Americans. I was there with my Puerto Rican wife and 85 year old mother in law so I am used to being the only gingo in a place when I visit PR. Can't say the reverse for the staff at Casa Catano.
The night ended for us after I asked the waitress when they were going to stop the drunk from interferring with the band that was playing by singing loudly and off key to the songs being played since up to that point all the staff had been ignoring the guy. The waitress went to talk to the manager and the next thing I knew, I had 3 bouncers standing around me with arms crossed telling be to leave in a threatening manner. Specifically, one bouncer told me, " You came, you ate, your paid, you go." First time I've ever heard of anyone being thrown out of a bar for complaining about a disruptive drunk. He was obviously a local drunk who the staff felt they needed to protect from the nasty gringo. Americans stay away; this place is bad news. I'm a 66 year old man there with my wife and 85 year old mother in law and had hardly gone out on the town looking to make trouble.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

Super view of San Juan Bay, old San Juan. Cool breeze outside seating with umbrellas. Excellent food and generous drinks, I recommend the fried pork bits in tamarind sauce as appetizer. Service is impeccable, ask for Yahaira

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 1 February 2021

The food it's great, nice view and the ambience and service are expectacular, nevertheless need to improve bar services. The drinks are watery they need a good bartender

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 30 January 2021

This is one of the best locations in Catano! Great food, good prices. Drinks are well made and you get an amazing view of the bay and Old San Juan! The owners are amazing! This is a family business and they treat you like family when you arrive.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 19 October 2020 via mobile

The view is great, Old San Juan. Across the Bay. Castaño is a small clean town. This place has the best view, cool seabreeze. If you like outside choose near the restrooms or the aisle on the left side( for shade) drinks are plentiful (Carlos Jr.) I recommend the stuffed egg rolls, the shrimp cocktail and the ribs(messy but delicious)
See a partial view.