“This is truly an amazing cottage with all mod...”
other travellers have booked this property
spacious dining kitchen Kitchen diner in The Old Shippon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
spacious dining kitchen
Kitchen diner in The Old Shippon
Fully fitted kitchen
Fantastic view from the cottage
living room with great views over the fields and doors leading onto patio & garden.
one of the lovely bathrooms
spacious twin bedroom
Twin room with fab views over the fields
Double room with great countyside views
Sofa bed in upstairs mezzannine
Upstairs living room mezzanine
Patio area
View of sunrise from the cottage
Front view of The Old Shippon & Churn cottage
large garden/patio area
View from the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Yvonne186...
Chester, United Kingdom
“This is truly an amazing cottage with all mod cons.”
Reviewed 26 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011

I chose The Old Shippen from the Internet. We wanted a large property to accommodate my husband and me, our two daughters, one son-in-law and 6 grandchildren ranging in age from 8 years down to 4 months. I haven't been able to stop congratulating myself - what a wonderful choice.

Sarah and Andrew are most welcoming hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The cottage is beautifully appointed and nothing has been done "on the cheap". The leather suite in the lounge was much envied by one of our daughters and I think had the car been bigger it might have gone!!

The children had a wonderful time, as had we. Sarah and Andrew's well-mannered and friendly children came across to play a couple of times and Sarah arrived with a huge box of outdoor toys for all the children to enjoy.

There were the lovely welcoming touches of flowers, fresh fruit and free range eggs on arrival and, in addition, we were able to buy more eggs each day.

The beds were extremely comfortable and the linen beautifully laundered. The towels in both bathrooms were to die for. The children thought that the underfloor heating was something to aim for at home!

The kitchen has every gadget imaginable including the holiday essential of a dishwasher!

We explored all the nearby towns, including Shrewsbury, Telford, Newport etc. The cottage is so well sited for exploring and the walking in the area is so interesting and the air so pure. We were lucky in that there were lots of baby lambs just outside our bedroom window - what a change from the noise of cars at home.

We can't wait to return. Well done Sarah and Andrew!

Yvonne - Wirral

Cleanliness
k8gog
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wow wow wow!”
Reviewed 20 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010

I stumbled across Sambrook through a Google Maps search and wow am I glad we did! I emailed on Monday, asking on the off chance whether their cottages were free for that same week (our original holiday to France had been cancelled by the holiday company) and, following a really friendly email exchange with Sarah, we were booked in for the next day.

While the photos on the website were impressive, I was still a little unsure - I needn't have been. If anything, the photos don't do it justice!

The kitchen was beautiful, finished to a very high standard with all the mod cons you could expect - and probably a few more! The bedrooms were all of a good size and were simply decorated, but again to a high standard. All the little touches that Sarah adds are what makes it that little bit extra special, toiletries in the bathroom, fruit on the dining table, fresh eggs, board games, and DVDs. And the views are something else.

Without sounding like I'm gushing, I'm struggling to put into words how wonderful a time we had and how lovely the cottages are! We would (and will be) recommend Sambrook to all our friends and family.

mrsdoyle...
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“The perfect accommodation in a great location and superb value for money”
Reviewed 22 July 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Sambrook Manor has more than met our expectations. A tastefully designed barn conversion - the layout was perfect. My husband and I took my elderly mother and she really appreciated the thought that had been put into getting around the cottage so easily - it would be ideal for a disabled person too as it has beautiful oak doors, wide enough for wheelchair access. Bedrooms are brightly decorated and have lovely white bedding - very cosy! The kitchen/dining room is fully equipped and Sarah has thought of everything - no need to bring your own cleaning materials or toiletries! Fresh flowers in the living room, fresh farm eggs and a bowl of fruit were wating for us when we arrived. There is a superb wet room shower (ideal for mum ) with lots of beautiful fluffy towels supplied. We had the warmest of welcomes from Sarah and found everyone else friendly. The farm setting is tranquil with beautiful views across the countryside. There is plenty to do in the surrounding area to cater for all tastes – I recommend a visit to the aircraft museum at Cosford and Bantock House near Wolverhampton (both free!) and a day’s shopping in Chester is really worthwhile. An all round really enjoyable stay and I would confidently recommend it to family and friends. We’ll be back!

Travelling group: Extended Family
cdreckman...
Los Angeles, CA
“Great escape destination with plenty of comfort, convenience, and relaxation”
Reviewed 2 April 2010 for a stay in January 2010

If I had to sum up our stay at Sambrook Manor Holiday Cottage in one word, it would simply be: FANTASTIC!
We had a wonderful stay at Sambrook Manor Holiday Cottage. The accommodations are extremely comfortable, clean and fully equipped. We were first greeted by the owner who took time to show us around the cottage and answer our many questions about the local area. Also waiting, were some fresh flowers, a large fruit basket and some delicious fresh farm eggs. The cottage is set in small country-side village overlooking some magnificent views. Conveniently located at a short drive from the town of Newport where you will find two grocery stores and plenty of other shops including a library and post office.
The modern kitchen is spacious, clean and fully equipped with kitchen gadgets allowing cooking some great home-meals. The family room is fully equipped with TV, DVD, wireless internet and plenty of board games for everyone in our family. The two bedrooms are very spacious with tall ceilings showcased by original wood barn beans. The bathroom has a great shower with lots of water pressure and heated floors. After experiencing the underground floor heating throughout the cottage, I cannot imagine another way of living. I LOVE having warm feet!
The owners have put a lot of work on making this cottage a great escape destination with plenty of comfort, convenience, and relaxation. TWO thumbs up! WAY UP!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing