“Very welcoming”

The Pickled Ploughman Pub
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Adderbury
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 26
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ABOUT US For fabulous food, friendly service and quality ales, The Pickled Ploughman is a great choice. We have a firm focus on fresh local ingredients. Whatever you want, whatever the season, The Pickled Ploughman is sure to have something on the menu to whet your appetite. For more private dining our private dining room is available and seats up to 20 diners or more for a more casual reception celebration, it's perfect for birthdays, anniversaries or just for getting your friends together. Our fabulous bar is the perfect place to meet family and friends for a pre-dinner drink or morning coffee and afternoon tea. With a welcoming log fire for the chilly days, you may find it hard to leave. What is great local food without a friendly local service? We're committed to delivering service that is a welcoming and efficient. Our staff wants you to enjoy your meal and aim to be as attentive as they can be, so you can be assured you will be greeted with a smile and receive the best local service in an easy, relaxed atmosphere. Offers Reduced drinks prices from3-6 Monday to Friday Friday Beer Sale £1.00 Off all ales Pre Fixe menu 12-6 Monday to Thursday Sunday Lunch choice of Roasts from £10.00 Per head 2 FOR 1 On all main courses from the 5th January 2 FOR1 Pizza from 3-6 Monday to Thursday Childrens menu Gluten Free Menu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was taken for my birthday at total of 6 adults and 2 children. We where all treated very well the service being excellent and the food looked and tasted very good. It was not till we got home that my partner said that her starter was cold. I am sure that if she had said something at the time it would have been rectified. Like all restaurants I felt the price of the wines was high but they are out to make a profit but perhaps we would have had another bottle if the first one had been a little cheaper

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Please .......please .......please ......
If you have had a bad meal here before.. just pop back...
This pub has been taken over by NEW OWNERS......
We and a lot of people have had a bad meal here.. BUT.....
We returned under new management..
we had a lovely meal with a ,, lovely waitress ,,
Please give it another go

3  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Very over rated....second visit! Better off in a Weatherspoons .... different class !!! Ceaser salad was just lettuce drowned in mayonnaise with a few croutons. Main course : beef pie - 3 small chunks of beef with a few mushrooms with gravy + boiled potatoes +!a few boiled beans - tasteless + little portion.

3  Thank allanziff
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Just had a very pleasant meal at this pub, I had previously given the pub a not great review based on the meal and experience on that visit. However after a recent visit I think it only fair that I say the meal and experience exceeded my expectations.

The Whitebait was delicious as was the Potato Gnocchi which was complemented by a very pleasant Rioja, additionally my wife really enjoyed the Halloumi Burger, all in all the food and service were really good and I am glad to have given the place a second chance, thank you, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for 6 for sunday lunchand were not disapointed. Great menu and great service from this revamped pub. Really nice decor inside and very friendly waitress.Food was lovely and big portions,especially the roast. Recomend this.