See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We found out that there is a legal fight between the owner of the hotel; this is the reason why there are no maintenance investments. The wall and roof paint is falling down. The air conditioner has wires and hoses visible inside each room. We didn´t have water in the bathroom for 5 days. The bathroom sink was riven and when we open the faucet it fall and broke the already damaged sink, they charge us this expense. During the check out, while we where demanding an explanation why this expense was charge us no manager come, instead the hotel manager locked herself in her office and call the police to kick us out claiming we didn´t want pay anything (we pay for everything, even what was already broken before we arrived). I was discriminated because of my nationality. I still couldn't figure out the manager's name.
The restaurant was closed the entire stay. The pool bar was opened only the first afternoon. The barman didn´t know how to make a simple Gin & Tonic (Gin + Tonic + lemon twist).
The room wifi was free but it didn´t work properly so each guest had to go to the lobby to use it.
The pictures from their website are old, when it was painted.
The water from the pools wasn´t clean; it was slightly muddy.
The Spa was consisted of a bed near a window and clothes drying, and guess what, the bed wasn´t made

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2016

this hotel is right on a beautiful stretch of beach. that is the only thing it has going for it.

I spent a total of 6 hours of my first day/night here working with the staff to find a room that had consistent electricity and a functioning air conditioner.

Wifi is not reliable.

the rooms are carpeted and haven't been updated in a very long time. The rooms smell. the only think you can sit in that isn't made of hard plastic or hard wicker is the bed, which is uncomfortable.

breakfast is awful - defrosted fruits (sometimes still frozen), stale cakes, old eggs and powdered juice.

the gym has a nice view but the equipment is very old and several of the machines are broken or missing pieces.

the pool is a nice size and temperature. (lots of kids though)

the beach service only consists of old uncomfortable folding chairs. no towels are available at the beach (in fact the hotel won't give extra towels even if you go to the front desk. you need to hold on the two thin, rough towels sitting in the room on check in to use for shower, pool, beach throughout your stay.)

the sea view is lovely but difficult to enjoy if an adjacent room uses the air conditioner. The motor and rattling can completely drown out the sound of the surf.

there is no safe in the room and there is rarely anyone at the front desk of the hotel. when I asked to replace my key no-one asked for any form or ID or identifying information they just handed me a key to the room I requested.

if you stay here think of it as camping and try to enjoy the ocean air

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin m
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Location and sea views are the only extraorsinary things of this hotel.
Beds and pillows are old, rooms in general too old and weared, wifi doesnt connect, no coffee maker or something to heat water, and when we requested they had no idea...
Swiming pool and gym are OK.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Was afraid about other comments here, but hotel is really good, huge rooms with plenty of space, clean, almost inside the beach and very comfortable. Breakfast is regular, bread, coffee, milk, water and fruits are ok.

There is a playroom on the hotel basement, if a bit dark inside but my kid could have some fun over there, toys are not new so took his own toys, space is good for kids to play in rainy days.

Pools are great (indoor/outdoor), all working perfectly. Hotel let you take chairs and umbrellas to the beach so you can have a great time without the need to take your own stuff with you when traveling.

Rooms have LCD cable TV's, (free) safe, good beds and minibar. Price in december were around 110 USD but for the 2015 summer I got prices around 500USD (too expensive IMHO).

Room Tip: Rooms on base floor have a door that you can use to go directly to the beach, but may seem insecure (I was not stolen or anything, but you may feel a bit insecure about this).
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

You are on the beach...right on it..
But the hotel is at the far end of Punta del este and La Barra...so car is a must.

The rooms a good and service very good.

So if you don't mind the driving is a great choice with the kids.

• Stayed: January 2014