Hotel La Bluette(La Barra)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
US$ 120
Kala Hotel Boutique(La Barra)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

Casa Zinc(La Barra)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

You are on the beach...right on it..
But the hotel is at the far end of Punta del este and La Barra...so car is a must.

The rooms a good and service very good.

So if you don't mind the driving is a great choice with the kids.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had to LIVE here for 3 months while working in Punte Del Este and pretty much everything said about it is true. Stuck in time, 1972 or thereabouts, and incredibly OLD to the GILLS. Ancient TV's and air conditioners, Noisy echo-ey halls and sub-par quality through out. Its BASIC - "Leaving Las Vegas" MOTEL on the beach. Yes it has enormous POTENTIAL but it doesnt seem a renovation is coming any time soon. The food served daily is basically dog food and HORRIBLE! I mean so bad Id go without eating some days until I could get away or cook something on a hot plate in my room. Also NO internet... you will find people clustered like refugees in the lobby with laptops and iphones trying to connect. Its sad and frustrating. The one common area bathroom that has hot water is inside the gym and they locked it after awhile to keep us from using it. Though we paid to fill their largely empty hotel in their off season and paid them well. My room would go 2-3 days average without ANY cleaning and asking for anything, like extra towels or bedspreads or clean sheets was PAINFUL. Seriously. I know we are here to work but OMG. The ONLY reason it got an extra star from me was because of the location. Minus a star for me for the lack of customer service and how annoyed the night staff seemed to be to even cut on the lights in the hallways upstairs where we were working late into the night!!! They leave everything OFF even though we filled their empty rooms. Is it too much to ask to SEE? Often the lights in the hallways where the rooms are are shut off as well so you fumble in the dark to get your key in. The breakfast is also as sub-par as the lunch and EVERYTHING has to be re-cooked in the microwave as it comes out cold or frozen pre-prepared who knows how early. Ive found the milk for the coffee to be sour on 5 occasions so I always open the thermos to smell it. I've also resigned myself to keep a stash of toilet paper on hand as the room is not changed very often. The plugs dont always work and the showers all have cheap shower curtains that will stick to your body as you try to shower no matter WHAT! Overall - PURE COMEDY since I rather laugh than cry. If I was on VACATION there would be NO WAY I'd pick this crappy hotel. I dont get it.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to be here - try and get one of the "suites" (there are only 2) with bedrooms facing the ocean and not the noisy busy highway. Dont expect internet and roll your eyes when they tell you Princess Diana once stayed here..... #WHoCares #AncientHistory
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I'm not a very pretentious guy, but when I stay at a 5 star hotel, i expect at least: Modern/updated infrastructure, sound proofed rooms, buffet breakfast, LCD tv, radio/cd player etc. Well, I did not find anything of the above at Las Dunas...
The location is unbeatable, the place is on the beach, in a quiet part of "La Barra" But it seems they never did anything to the building since it was built, probably 15-20 years ago. There is no sound proofing what so ever, you can hear your neighbors, the elevator, people walking in the hall, very noisy...
The room itself is o.k. it's big, with a big balcony facing the ocean it was very clean, but as said, old... low quality windows, dated decoration... The carpet was torn in several places, the faucets in the bathroom did not work very well...
the tv was an old 14 inches thing... The a/c is a museum piece! Although it did it's job o.k.
The staff was very friendly.
This place has lots of potential, but it's in desperate need of renovation. Today, it's at best an average 3 star hotel.
I stayed a weekend with my wife and son, using a winter promotion, so I paid about 40% of the full rate, and for this price, it's just fair.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ricrey1966
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Actually, not sure where the fourth star comes from. I used a 50% discount coupon to stay there the weekend of November 10,2012. I stayed at a junior suite which was ample and with nice view of the sea. However, the elevator was not working properly, the cold water-tap in the bathroom gave no water at all, the faucett at the kitchenette was loose, the hot water in the shower barely trickled. Wi-fi was inexistant in the bedrooms and very slow in the lobby. Use of the gym (well-equipped) was USD 15 extra a day. The breakfast was passable, lots of breads, no fruit salad. On the second morning, the bread was stale. The staff was courteous. Overall the premises need urgent upkeep. The heated indoor pool was OK. The sauna wasn't working.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite. Ample, but needed upkeep. Asked for a double bed and got two beds put together. They tended to move apart as the night progressed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is a very nice but OLD hotel, well located jn La Barra, Punta del Este.

Very clean and good service, like everything else in Punta: Expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business