“Stunning Property”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sea Dreams

Our large luxury kitchen
large luxurious family bathroom with large shower, his and hers sinks and double bath Drawing room with large flat-screen tv and seating for 12
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Drawing room with large flat-screen tv and seating for 12
Bedroom 2 with superking (or twin) beds
Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed
Exterior of Sea Dreams
snug with large flat-screen tv
Dining/entertaining area with seating for 12
large walk-in dressing room for bedroom 2
luxury jack and jill ensuite with steam shower shared with bathrooms 1 and 2
Bedroom 3 with kingsize bed and walk-in dressing room
Ensuite to bedroom 3 with shower and jacuzzi bath
Bedroom 5 with superking or twin beds
Bedroom 4 with superking bed and walk-in dressing room
Ensuite to bedroom 4 with jacuzzi bath and hand-held shower
chaise longue on the landing
hallway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Julie H
Jarrow
“Stunning Property”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

What can you say about this amazing property, it is everything and more! A huge kitchen with every appliance you could wish for, massive dining room table and all done to a high spec! A wonderful large living room with plenty of sitting areas, a snug which even had a PS2 and games wow som much thought has gone into this home! All the bedrooms and bathrooms are again done to a very high standard everyone was so impressed. I even managed to get a good nights sleep my first night which never happens anywhere I stay fab!! We loved it so much we are hoping to book again next year with extended family. Highly recommend this property!

KaraJH
“AMAZING PLEASE READ !!”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Reading some of the reviews here I am actually quite offended that some people are criticising the place and giving it poor reviews for what I consider to be extremely minor flaws in my eyes. I find that some people are going out of there way to find these flaws in order to have something to moan about! But anyway...

This place has exceeded my expectations and the pictures I don't think do it justice enough! It is a remarkable home and trust me if I owned this place I wouldn't be renting it out, purely because I would never leave the house! I was in a party of 11 women who stayed here for 3 nights, and every room was provided with 2 clean, fluffy white towels for each individual staying here, along with spares. The beds were made up lovely all clean and fresh the bathroom was also clean and polished and had complimentary shower gels and shampoos! We all had our own space for clothing with hangers provided, mirrors with a dressing station which is ideal for us girls.

As well on arrival we were greeted with a gift basket containing rosè, Chardonnay, prosecco, shortbread biscuits, and a box of thorntons chocolate. This was in the kitchen which was imaculate filled with every house hold appliance! In the kitchen there is a plastic wallet which tells you the wifi code, and recommendations for places to go aswell as plenty of brochures! The house is complete with an iron, ironing board, Hoover, washing machine, dishwasher, a dryer, high chairs, and even baby cutlery! I mean there's not many places provide all this equipment!

If that isn't enough then there is also plenty of board games, toddlers toys all tucked away in one of the cupboards, aswell as DVDs, books and even a PlayStation 2 for children.

These little gestures are things that I really appreciate as there are a lot of places that will not provide this sort of service or amount of equipment! It is this that I think many people forget to mention in reviews or often take advantage of in these kind of homes but are worth mentioning.

I will definitely be returning here and cannot wait too! A huge well done for this place and the kind and thoughtful gestures, it hasn't gone unnoticed!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Rbell31
“Amazing!!! 😍🍾🎉”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This is the second time I've been to sea dreams and again I've had the best weekend. I booked this for my cousins hen party and everyone was so impressed with the house. It's such a beautiful place, very well kept, and has everything you need. The owner Andrea could not be anymore helpful, which made our stay even better. The photos just do not do it justice, it's even more amazing in real life.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Bill R
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Slipping Standards”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Beautiful house let down by stained carpets and not up to standard cleanliness.
We enjoyed the house, even though the gallery of pictures are deceptive- lounge and sitting room are all one room! The neighbours were very friendly,children enjoyed the garden. Beach was within walking distance of house. Widdringon Inn pub serves lovely food and cooked freshly upon arrival.
Downside of Holiday were the cobwebs in Utilty toilet/ Utilty room and upstairs bedrooms.
Amount of stains on the beautiful carpets in the living room and the den.
Dust and rubbishy under the seats in the den, my eight year old grandson moved to get toy that had gone under one of these.
Kitchen not cleaned to a high standard - dirty mugs/glasses and picnic glasses in cupboards.
Stains in cupboards and fridge wiped not cleaned(strong smell of cheese and migrated into Products we had stored there).
Would still recommend providing more attention was taking regarding cleanliness.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Sep 2016
We're really glad you enjoyed the house.
Firstly I'd like to apologise again for the fact that we weren't able to return your left-over food to you as it had already been put in the bin. If we'd known during the clean then we could have kept it and returned it to you. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this caused.
We apologise if the photos are misleading, this wasn't our intention. We do appreciate your feedback as this is the first time we've had a comment about guests expecting there to be 3 lounges as on the interiors page we list all the rooms and thought it was clear that there are only 2 lounges/sitting rooms.

Thanks for letting us know about the cobwebs, I did find one rather large one on the ceiling in the utility room. I'm really sorry about this, I must have missed it somehow. I wish you had told us about this on arrival rather than on your departure and then we could have sorted it out for you. We do get a lot of spiders at this time of year. I couldn't find any cobwebs upstairs apart from on the gallery window which is unfortunately still there as I can't reach it!

With regards to the carpets, this is an ongoing issue for us. Unfortunately not all guests take their shoes off, guests spill drinks and so they are prone to stains. We have the carpets cleaned regularly by a professional firm but during the summer holidays when we have back to back bookings it's impossible to do this as they wouldn't dry in time. We obviously do spot cleaning but this doesn't get every stain out. We have considered replacing the carpets with wooden floors or harder wearing carpets, but it seems such a shame as they're very plush and add to the luxurious feel of the house.

I'm really sorry that there was a sweet wrapper under the sofa in the den. I always try and check under the furniture but on tight turnarounds I don't always move every piece of furniture. In future I will endeavour to do this during every clean.

With regards to the kitchen, I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this as I cleaned the kitchen myself (including the fridge) thoroughly and didn't notice any smell of cheese at any point. I am aware of the marks that you were referring to in the pan cupboard, they're from the bottom of the pans scratching on the shelves and it's on my to-do list to paint these shelves. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, much appreciated.
With regards to the dirty mugs and glasses, I now remeber that I didn't dry the glasses and cups after they'd been through the dishwahser, so again I apologise for this.
Again, I wish you had contacted us about the issues earlier so that we could have done something about them. We do our best to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay and pride ourselves on the cleansiness of our properties and so we're very disappointed that you had these issues. We hope to welcome you back to Sea Dreams in the future.
Jane H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful House”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Booked Sea Dreams for my 60th Birthday the house was just perfect for all 12 of us, the 4 grandchildren ( all under 5yrs ) loved the den to play in also the large hallway and the enclosed back garden. Loved the large diningroom table... nice to have the whole family sitting around it at meal times, the rest of the house was very spacious comfortable and well equipped....Many thanks for the Hamper of goodies ..much appreciated by us all, would loved to come back for another break with all the family.....to this amazing house...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything.....a good base if you wanted to explore Northumberland
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing