1,625 results
All reviews derwent manor two double beds leisure facilities course meal on arrival beamish museum lovely hotel grand hall restaurant staff groupon deal bar meals sauna and jacuzzi three courses buffet style every member of staff wedding venue room was large
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed in the annexe which had a very small bedroom and tiny ensuite with no window an extractor fan that didn't work, also lock had been drilled out and not replaced. Next time we will stay in the main hotel. Food was excellent with an impressive choice both at dinner and breakfast. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar area was very nice with good choice of drinks including two real ales. Our first visit since the refurbishment and you can see a lot of money has been spent on it, we will be back.

Room Tip: Stay in main hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrissyruby
KEITH D, Director at Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, customer feedback is essential to our business and as a result of your feedback we have remedied the two maintenance issues you have highlighted, I apologies that these were not actioned prior to your stay.

Our Cottage double bedrooms are slightly smaller than those within the main hotel building, however this is shown in the prices charged. We are delighted that you still found us to be excellent value for money and you enjoyed our food and beverage offering throughout the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Derwent Manor

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The rooms have just been refurbished and were very nice. The bed was comfy and there was plenty of storage. The bathroom was modern and the shower looked amazing, however the lack of water pressure let it down somewhat which was disappointing but not the end of the world. The rooms were very clean and the coffee machines in the room were a nice touch although not great if you just want a hot water or a herbal tea to drink. No water bottles in the room, which I would have preferred over the coffee machine. However, I called reception and they brought a kettle down straight away, with a selection of teas so I can’t fault them on that. I have special dietary requirements, I am gluten, wheat and dairy free and we were staying for three nights and I was worried that they might not be able to accommodate me. I have to say the kitchen were excellent and I managed to eat something different each day and the food was lovely. I didn’t expect any desert to be available for me, but I was pleasantly surprised that they did have a suitable desert for me. I have to say, the staff were great about my dietary requirements and sorted everything out for me, offering me alternatives. Overall the service was good, the only minor point was that it took a while for staff to clear our plates after we had finished eating and were ready to leave. Over the weekend there were numerous weddings on and there were no issues with noise until the last night, where we encountered a particularly rowdy crowd which went on until the early hours. They were noisy and generally being very inconsiderate to other guests staying in the hotel although I do appreciate that this was not the hotel’s fault. The pool and gym facilities were small but adequate and very clean. The changing rooms are nice but could be improved, the showers are on a 60 second timer, which made hair washing difficult. I understand that it saves water but surely 2 - 3 minute intervals would be more user friendly? The hairdryer provided wasn’t working properly, and there should be double doors to the changing rooms for privacy as the single door opens right into reception, not good when you are just wearing a towel when drying your hair, plus a token for the locker would be better, as I was staying as a guest I didn’t bring my purse with me, so I had to leave my stuff unlocked. Small things like this would make this hotel great.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
KEITH D, Director at Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review customer feedback is essential to us and we as a team are delighted that you had a lovely stay with us. We will certainly use your feedback to help us improve. I will also pass all of your very kind words regarding our food and staff to all of those involved.

We look forward to welcoming you to Derwent Manor in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my partner for weekend. We had dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Room Big and clean. Bed massive and comfy. Food great. Had dinner both nights. Big portions. Loads for breakfast too. We had a great relaxing weekend. Easter egg at door on Easter Sunday was lovely touch. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Jay25823

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review as a team we are thrilled that you had a lovely break. I will ensure your feedback is passed to all of those concerned and that you enjoyed your Easter Egg.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Took my partner here for her birthday to have a nice relaxing break from the hectic life we live... I could sit here all day and type about this place! It was perfect in every way.

Location - beautiful

Would 100% recommend this place it's a hidden gem

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CNLL16

Dear Guest

Thanks for your review, we are so thrilled that you found our hotel to be "perfect" we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed with an excellent group on deal.
Room we were given 237 was excellent 2 queen sized beds - and newly decorated. Did not like the odd bath shape but apart from this room was excellent. Massive tv in the room.
Breakfast at the hotel is excellent self service but excellent quality.
Evening meals were beautiful, much more than your average hotel restaurant.
The hotel in general was heated far to hot- uncomfortably so at times.
Slightly let down by the pool and relaxation area. Pool was small and sauna was like sitting in a glass box. Clean but think this could be the improved .

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we as a team are very happy to read that you had an excellent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you to Derwent in the near future.