The Olde Windmill Inn(Great Cressingham)
US$ 83
All reviewspot of teadog friendly placethe pubfamily partyeach morningcooked freshfantastic hostsshort breakbed and breakfasta lovely staylovely breakfastother guestsolde windmillleighdogsnorfolkcabin
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We booked into The Vines as we were attending a family BBQ in nearby Ashill.
Never having stayed in a bed and breakfast establishment before, I was a little apprehensive . I need not have feared!
We arrived on Saturday afternoon to be greeted by the lovely Leigh who immediately made us feel welcome. A pot of tea was soon placed in our room where we were able to relax before going out.
The beds were incredibly comfortable and the breakfasts fabulous. We had such a lovely stay and found Leigh and her husband Kevin utterly charming and fantastic hosts.
Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the wobbly floor. The beds are perfect for a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 643Wildchild15
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The Vines is a beautiful, quaint, cosy, friendly, clean, comfortable gem of a place. Leigh and Kevin are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Highly recommended.

I was a surprise guest at a family party and was looking for somewhere close to the party - but not too close! So I searched by area and found The Vines. How fortuitous. It is a beautiful 600 year old building run by two of the very nicest people I have ever met. Thank you Leigh and Kevin!

I am vegan and they made sure I was fully catered for. A fantastic breakfast every day. I was so grateful.

I stayed in Marley's room. A super comfortable twin bedded room with en-suite. And I LOVED the low ceiling. So cute and atmospheric! Exactly what I needed after my long journey from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Complimentary wi-fi a huge bonus.

Just all round an exemplary establishment. I would not hesitate to recommend

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Leigh T, Owner at The Vines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it was our pleasure to meet you

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I stayed in the "Marley Room "(4). It was very cosy, comfortable and I slept very well. Lovely breakfast made fresh each morning by Leigh who was very friendly and helpful.Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Only thing was that the lefthand window would not shut.

Room Tip: If you are disabled with mobility issues you should choose the cabin as steep staircase
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017

My husband,sister, dad and me stayed here for two nights oh and Frazzle the King Charles Spaniel, What a find superb B&B very friendly welcome by Leigh and honestly felt right at home instantly, all the rooms are named after dogs, we had a double room and a twin room both immaculately clean and well kept and the breakfast was freshly made each morning to your requirements. We cannot recommend this superb B&B more so if you're ever in Norfolk this is a eas find! We were atttending a family party so will defiantly use this again in future

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding in the local area. The host was kind enough to stay up a bit later to welcome us which was great. The room was clean and nicely sized and access to wifi was a nice addition as well.

Breakfast was spot on and set us up for both days, with and without hangovers!

The host was fantastic, she genuinely couldn't do enough for us and made our stay very enjoyable.

Despite it being a dog friendly place with the owners having dogs of their own, you wouldn't know. (apart from the dog related decor!). So if you're not a dog person, you don't need to worry.

I'd definitely be back if I'm visiting the area again! Great value for money.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple