All reviews bottle store coal bunker attic suite courtyard room walk in shower hunstanton beach jacuzzi bath full english three courses huge bed night stay north norfolk short walk to the beach spent two nights excellent stay lovely room pudding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a night at the Lodge to celebrate a 80th birthday with 5 adults and x2 children aged 10 & 8 years.
We had room 1 just at top of stairs, room 6 and the Attic and all were very nice rooms although they could do with a freshen up, we had some mould in the shower and the toilet brush was rusty. The windows are sash and only one could be opened so the fan was very handy. All the rooms were large but we did notice on the evening that they were very hot and the noisy fan didn't help with sleeping.
The bar area and restuarant are very nice, the bar leads onto a side conservatory which isn't that big but enough to get 20 people in it. This then feeds to the outside garden tables.
The restaurant was very busy on the evening and we sat down at 7:20 had a starter but never got our main course until 9pm which did seem to be a long time and the kids were starting to get tired. The food was excellent and the menu had plenty to choose from, with enough choice for everyone.
The staff at the Hotel and bar area were excellent and that to me always makes the difference, the 3 ladies working were very friendly and always asking if all was ok or if we needed anything.
We would love to return and I am sure we will at some point as its a very friendly hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for three nights rooms lovely and the food fabulous ,met some lovely guests what more could we want And the beach five minutes walk away . Town about twenty minutes walk . Old Hunstanton has a local shop and the lodge have a good size car park .

There is a down side when you order your food at night get a copy of the receipt in what food you have had this will help you when paying when you leave ,but if you pay by cash on the night get a paid receipt copy and keep it until you leave this will save you trying to prove that you have already paid for the food plus prove the food in which you had .

Otherwise you may feel like we did a bit annoyed in trying to prove that you have payed!! And that 3 guests did not eat six meals at one seating.

Also this is advice for the lodge please make your staff aware in providing all your guests with a receipt in what meals they have had and if they have paid for the food .

Thank you !!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
J S, General Manager at The Lodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that overall you had a pleasant experience and were well looked after.

I can only apologise for the issue with your bill. If a customer puts a meal to their room then we keep the receipts so that everything can be checked when they are paying on check out to ensure in part that something hasn't gone onto a bill in error. Obviously sometimes a customer may have eaten with us twice for example a lunch and a dinner. If you had paid on the night then I would expect the staff to leave you with your receipt and I apologise that this may not have happened.

I hope this will not put you off a future visit.

Kind Regards

Brittany

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We all went here as a Group for a Meal and drinks, and most of us had differing meals and the general feeling was it was pretty much awful, and the service was slow and pretty poor, no-one said that they would return

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank BALI2007BALI

Thank you for your review following you recent meal with us albeit not a positive one.

I have messaged you asking for more information on the meals you ate with us during your visit but am yet to receive anything back. So all I can do is offer my apologies that you and your party did not enjoy your meals with us or the service for that matter. We do have a fantastic hard working team both front and back of house and I am disappointed that you didn't get to see this.

Perhaps if you do get the time you could read and respond to the message I sent you so that I can see if anything needs to be changed.

I wish you all the best.

Brittany

Reviewed 2 October 2018

What a great hotel, with a lovely conservatory to sit and read the paper with a glass or two of prosecco! We arrived on Friday afternoon and were welcomed and shown to our room. Dinner at night was a very relaxed affair and everybody who served us was very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was amazing and i can't wait to go back. We were in room 6 and I was a little concerned that we would hear the door on the landing, but we didn't hear a thing and we had the best nights sleep. We will be back, soon I hope!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Once again we have spent a lovely couple of nights away at The Lodge, as always lovely helpful staff and great food and a great selection of Gins. Of course we have already booked again for another long weekend away next year. Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple