“Great chalet with all you need. Great site with...”
other travellers have booked this property
chalet exterior dining table
bathroom
electric shower over bath
front door
view from the chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Susan K
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Don't believe everything you read on Trip Advisor”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The chalet was clean enough and well-equipped,apart from no grater! The double bed is creaky and the taps in the kitchen still drip, despite being mentioned several weeks prior to our stay. The key hook fell off the wall the first time we hung the keys on it. The site itself is quiet but the amenities are not very good. The shop on site was not very well stocked, not much choice at all. The swimming pool was OK but would not have paid for it. We did not go to the Oasis so cannot comment on that. One of the most disappointing things was the access to the beach. It was a very steep slope leading to steps down to the beach. Had we known that we would not have booked as it is not accessible. The beach itself looked very rocky and shingly. The size of the chalet was OK for 4 but I would not like to be one of a party of 7 staying there; the seating is only for 4, 5 at a push. Scratby is a good base for surrounding areas and attractions, though a car would be a necessity.

Liked best: Norwich!
Liked least: Inaccessibility of the beach
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Sep 2014
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the chalet. I take my guest's holidays very seriously and do my very best to ensure they have everything they need when they stay. Guests always have my mobile and home numbers and can call me if there is anything they need. I would have been more than happy to pop over with a grater, new key hook and plumber for the taps if only you had told me. The taps had been checked after the previous mention and seemed fine. I am usually very happy to receive feedback from guests that can help me to improve the chalet however I was most upset by your review title which implies that I have misleading information about the chalet and location on my site. To address your comments firstly may I point out that I am very clear and honest about the chalet and area it is in. I state very clearly what the sleeping arrangements are and are very common for this type of chalet. I also say in my description that for larger groups there are two padded outdoor chairs that can be used as additional seating. Usually if more than 4 people want to book the chalet it will include children and if more than 4 adults want to book I make very clear to them that there is a sofa bed and bunk bed. I am confused regarding your comments on the beach; it is used by most able bodied people and families with buggies and beach chairs etc manage the slope and stairs to the beach with no problem. I do not say that the chalet is suitable for people with mobility problems and if a guest is less than able then it is only fair to let me know and I could inform them of this fact. About the beach: there are indeed boulders at the base of the cliff which are placed there as defence against erosion and although there is a bit of shingle it is mainly sandy and generally regarded as a decent beach. Finally about the bed; sorry the bottom double bunk is a bit squeaky, I'll have a look at what can be done about it. After an overwhelmingly positive response from guests I do believe that my chalet offers good value for money. I hope you find something more suitable for you on your next holiday.
Bubblebev
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great chalet with all you need. Great site with lots of facilities”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The chalet was clean and very well equipped with all we needed. Beds were comfy. Space well laid out. The site itself is also really good. Chalet is far enough from the amusements and facilities not to be disturbed by them. Onsite restaurants good (and used by locals too) and variety of facilities and entertainment has something for everyone. Local beach in easy walking distance. Also great as a base to visit Norfolk. The only thing that could be improved would be more or slightly bigger parking areas on the site.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Well equipped - even had toilet rolls and washing up liquid!
Liked least: Coin meter for electricity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
19 Sep 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Clare H
“Amazing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a lovely time at the chalet, it was lovely and clean and was in a great spot. Lovely walk to the beach, there were great places to eat near by. The pool on site was great too. All round was a great place. Would recommend everyone to book with these. We will defo be returning. Thanks very much Clare holding.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Jul 2014
What a lovely review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again
Rosemary...
March, United Kingdom
“Fantastic short break.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The area quiet, 5 minutes to the beach, has great amenities on site and close by. It's only a short drive to Yarmouth front and town. Neighbours was lovely.
The actually chalet was clean, tidy and has enough room for three adults. Everything you need to cook, clean and have a relaxing stay is already provided in the chalet.
Any problem I had I was able to contract Blyth and the situation was sorted the same day.
Overall me and my friends enjoyed our week stay and I would recommend it to everyone and would happily stay again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Close to the beach.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
28 May 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again at the chalet.
Jackie W
“This chalet has everything you could need for a break Blyth has thought of everything from and iron to a corkscrew!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I was with my Daughter and Granddaugher (aged 14) The area was great, the site was quiet with plenty of space around the groups of chalet's. We only had a two day break and we went out to Yarmouth and Hemsby so did not try the camp facilities. I would reccomend a stay at this chalet as a great base for Great Yarmouth without all of the crowds of people, I am sure it would be busy in the Summer, but a nice place to stay. There were people in the other chalets decorating and cleaning so presume they were owners, all waved and said hello so friendly too. All in all a nice place to stay

Travelling group: Other
13 May 2014
thank you very much for your lovely review. it is so important to know that I am getting things right for my guests. I do hope to welcome you to the chalet again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing