“Tries hard, could do better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club

The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Runton
Cambridge
“Tries hard, could do better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was in a party of 22 but had I been on my own may have found the inconveniences less amusing! My room was large, with the decorating almost finished There was no wall mirror except for in the bathroom which was en suite but along a little corridor involving 2 steps up and 2 steps down. Different(!) but the bathroom was great with a large double shower

The hair dryer flex wasn't long enough to reach the wardrobe's long mirror and the hot water not even tepid at times! in fact on one occasion the water completely stopped which was when I had my hair well soaped and ready to rinse! Since several of our party also experienced the same problems due to inefficient hot water systems it became a bit of a joke between us with people walking about to other rooms in order to have a shower or bath. The staff did their best and are addressing the issues. I did think it odd that they didn't complete the decorating, room by room instead of leaving them, sort of OK, yet unfinished as this doesn't bode well with guests.

The food was excellent and the staff lovely, and willing to help where they could and the service generally very good. The hotel is set in a delightful village very close to the sea and right next to a golf course. The pool area was pleasant and clean but I didn't like the performance one has to go through to access it, though I gather that is because of safety issues.

The building is old and interesting with a lot of character and overall I enjoyed my 2 nights stay but do feel so much can be done to make guests more comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Helpful reception staff. Good restaurant service.
Hot food served hot however many guests.
Constant high standard of service
The room was fine - if furniture layout odd. Had to move furniture for the kettle to meet the plug. 2 plug points half way up a wall as if for a TV or similar - but no furniture underneath.
Swimming pool was cold, as were showers. Changing room was freezing.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick13658
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed here for 3wks while working out of well's next the sea. The staff were very helpfull as my hours of work were unsociable so the alwaysade sure I could have a hot meal when I finished and use the gym facilities even out of hours. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. I will also be coming back here in the summer with my family.

• Stayed February 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We visited the Links for a 75th birthday event being held at the hotel. On the whole everything was fine - we had a family room for the four of us, which was very clean, spacious and well equipped - my only complaint was the lack of effective heating in the bath room, which because of the cold weather outside, made having a shower an unpleasant experience.

The hotel staff were fantastic throughout our stay and the food was very good, but when I booked I agreed a rate over the phone, paid a deposit and asked for an e-mail confirmation. This was not sent and when we arrived the agreed rate was not on the room documentation. After a brief discussion the original rate was reinstated, however, when we went for breakfast the next morning, we were told we would have to pay extra (again I had to explain that this was not the case and had been agreed at the time of booking). This was quickly sorted but when I received the bill, once again the price charged bore no resemblance to the one agreed. This was very tiresome and unnecessary, and took the gloss of what had been a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 135out
Briston,Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I wanted a nice hotel to hold an surprise 80th birthday dinner and from the moment I made enquiries at the Links the staff did everything they could to help make the event a good one.All the staff were friendly ,polite and helpful nothing was too much trouble.They even allowed me to take over part of the lounge to have some professional photographs taken.The food was excellent,hot and plentiful and served with a smile.Although I did not use them I saw the hotel has a good gym and swimming pool and I would gladly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8.5 km away
The Pheasant Hotel
The Pheasant Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelling

Been to The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK