“Mr”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mr”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Just back after an amazing weekend at the lodge, the lodge is beautiful and has everything you need to enjoy your weekend. Hot tub on the outside patio area over looking the jet ski lake was were we spent most of the weekend, even had a Lancaster and spit fire fly over Sunday, the lodge is kitted out with everything needed so we ate in the lodge all weekend and made the most of it, pat called by Friday to make sure we had settled in ok and he couldn't of been more accommodating, thanks for renting us your lodge and giving me and the family such a great weekend, already looking at the calendar to see when we can book again. Thanks

18 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for your lovely comments it makes it all worth while when you and your family can enjoy what we try and do .
If there is anything that you think that we can put in the lodge to make your stay better the next time , should you wish to book with us please let us know.
Ps thank you for how clean and tidy you left the lodge when you check out.
Kind Regards
Amanda/Pat
gary c
“Shamrock 2”
Reviewed 13 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Very nice lodge deffently recommend to stay lovely weekend views where great and lodge very clean. Execlent

16 Sep 2017
We are glad that you had a lovely stay at shamrock 2
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Hope to see you again soon.
Regards
Amanda
TGarton
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“The owner terrified the children”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Firstly I'd like to start by saying the lodge is beautiful and perfectly situated. No complaints there.
My complaint is with the owner. It's a no pets lodge, but when my parents popped for a visit they brought their dog. I informed the owner and said I'd keep him on the decking whilst we were in but that we were out all day anyway. Needless to say the dog happened to get inside a few times for which I apologised.
Apparently, the neighbours are not only friends of the owners, they're their eyes and ears also, because the owner turned up and confronted us 20 mins after we retuned.
I can accept that the dog shouldn't have been there, but I cannot accept the red faced shouting, pointing in my face, swearing in front of two young children and punching the wall.
Yes, punching the wall.
The amount of anger and aggression (with spittle literally flying out of his his mouth) terrified the children. The only reason there wasn't a fight is because of the level headed-ness of my family; that was his form of aggression.
He threatened us with security if we didn't leave in 20 mins. The neighbours have obviously seen it all before, because they didn't come out to ask if everything was OK.
He told me the deposit was forfeit, something he told me the previous occupants had forfeited too.
They must very clearly need the money badly to be taking deposits where there's no damage involved.
Because of the hasty departure I didn't have time to tidy up as I normally would but there were only a few pots left in the sink.
I'd like to warn others; if you stay here, don't bend the rules even slightly. The neighbours will tell them everything that's happening during your stay and the cctv cameras over the front door and the hot tub (where there are children! Make of that what you will) will make you feel like not only big brother is watching, but his spoiled little sister is too, and she loves telling tales.
I will be putting in a formal complaint against the owner for the aggression shown by him towards myself and my family. For clarification, two of the children were 6 and 9.
I've worked with people that have shown aggression before, but never on that level.

4 Sep 2017
Thank you for your comments about the lodge,glad you like it.
With regards to the rest of your comments,
You knew that when you booked the lodge there was a not pets policy, you should have in form your parents of that before the come to see you .
You told me wife that your parents was coming down and had a dog , my wife sent you a massage not to have the dog in the lodge you said it be on decking.you also said that your parents where pitching up for the night( so where was the dog going to sleep?) we left the site for the first time with my family on that Thursday for a day out on way back got your massage about you parents and the dog.
We where informed about the curtains being pull at front door ( i.e. Not a problem) and tea towel being put over camera out side front door and the hot tub.
These where there when I check you in on Monday and you said Notting to us about them for 4 days till that Thursday night.
I was on way back from day out , got back to the park and went around to the lodge as our friends where concerned about a dog being in the lodge.
When I got there I knock on front door, could here them in there did not awancer the door, so I went around to front of the lodge to find doors open and a dog sat on the sofa with the father.
I ask why the dog was in the lodge , first said it go in but then said they didn't know it was not to be in there.
But as you see above they new all the time.
So as parents where pitching up for the night the dog was going to be in the lodge all night.
Yes I did get mad as being lied to and made a fools of on out Owen doorstep, specially when the make the did not no about the dog and yes I did tell them to leave, as the parents was pitching up for the night so was the dog.
They then switch the conversation to the children's envasion of privacy by the cameras which I told her where not working,and also the where there all week and nothing was said to us about them( this was just a brush off for the fact that she was found out about the dogs.
With regards to the neighbours they have being there for the last 6 years and are friends of ours and when we are not on site they do keep a eye on our lodge as that is what good neighbours and friends do.
With regards to her saying that the neighbours seeing it all before it has never happened as we have in all the time had people stay there never make up there Owen rules, they always had respect.
With regards to the deposit yes I did say we will take as we have to clean carpets, as we have people staying there because we don't allow pets in there.
If someone comes in there after them and we told them we don't have pets in there and they find dog hairs , piss on the carpets, how do we explain that , all because some people want to take you for a fool and make a liars out of you to other people, then they don't trust us as well.

This is a total lack of respect for others coming in and to my wife having to clean it up.
She works very hard to try and give people lovely stay and spend time with family's in a clean place that we said it was in the first place,
But then to made a fool of buy some with no respect.

Ps with regards to the camera and the children ,
( to make a comment like make of that what you like ) is out of order
What are you trying to say? After all I have children as well.
The next time you booked, book one that has pets in there , then you will not have to lie about them being there .
There is 3 people there that cause this , they woman that booked it and they parents that brought the dog.
As I said at the top of page
Thank you for your lovely comments about the lodge
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This is one of the best holidays we've enjoyed in UK. All home comforts taken care of. Lodge is beautiful and with 2 balconies to enjoy the lake. Hot tub checked daily. Wouldn't hesitate to book again in fact hopefully next summer. Certainly deserves the 5* given.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
2 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for your kind review that you have give us.
It makes all the work that goes into in worth while, when we receive comments like this.
We would be more than happy for you to come and stay with us again should you wish to.
And if there is anything that we can do to make your stay better next time please let me know.
Hopefully see you again in the near future.
Kind regards
Amanda & PAT
Cathy R
“Perfect family lodge”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This lodge is beautifully set out it has every thing you need and perfect for a chilled holiday with family or friends right on the jet ski lake
Amanda the owner came and made us feel really welcome and went through every thing and even left us a bottle wine which I thought was lovely never had that before we will definitely be going again and I would highly recommend it to anyone

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
30 Aug 2017
Hi Cathy
We are glad that you had a lovley stat at Shamrock 2 on the jet ski lake.
We do hope everthing was ok for you,
Can we say thank you for how clean you left the lodge when you check out .
we would have no problem at having you come and stay should you wish to again.

Kind Regards
Amanda & Pat
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 165
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing